Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worried  (Read 4395 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Worried
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 03:00:21 PM »

You can ask - medical secretaries do far more than typing up notes. 

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 06:11:10 PM »

You'll have to wait or ring the Ward for an update?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 06:33:11 PM »

You could always ring the hospital Rosie, just to put your mind at rest..xx

Blot

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 07:04:31 PM »

I work in a hospital and secretaries certainly don't sit in on these procedures. Think it might have been an emotional hand hold CLKD refers to.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 03:56:09 PM »

Nope - no one was gowned unless they were barrier nursing.  Less germs in those days - cleaners were employed per Ward by the NHS - they rarely moved between Wards.  Equipment was kept to each Ward.  Floors were stripped and re-sealed every morning.  Beds were stripped every day [bodies allowing] and washed with boiling water by the Nurses.  Mattresses turned daily [bodies allowing]. 

Procedures were done in Outpatient Clinic, there and then!  OUCH  :o

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 08:11:44 PM »

Don't be confused.  Everyone is entitled to a - word escapes me, not companion  -  so when the Nurse was in and out of the office for equipment etc., I was asked to keep the patient calm whilst the Consultant prepared the kit.  What's wrong with that?  No one in all those years ever complained or asked me to leave and I was thanked many times for holding hands - usually men  ::)

We didn't have any infections due to the intense nature of the cleaning processes, limited visiting times and everyone working in their Dept./Wards - people didn't move around as much as they seem to do in the NHS these days as they were directly employed, not via an Agency.  I don't remember gloves being worn except in Theatre.  Drugs were checked 3 times B4 being given/injected.  Against the drug chart, against the patient's name tag, with another Nurse.  No outbreaks of MRSA etc. in those days.  AH! Chaperone AH!......... and in all the Hospitals I worked at across the UK it was the same in the 1960s/70s/80s ........ secretaries went into the clinics to take notes in shorthand ......... interacting with the patients who weren't a number but a person.  We often had to explain procedures etc. after the Drs had gone onto the next patient as we weren't as - again word escapes me  :-\ - but we were approachable I suppose.

I was in another country but not abroad ;-)

Foxylady

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 07:35:57 AM »

chaparone!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 07:58:53 AM »

Those were the days....🙂

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 09:39:20 AM »

Morning groundhog

I woke several times in the night wondering how much your OH worries?  Mine doesn't until there's something to get his teeth into  ::).  Apparently. It's me that stays awake crying quietly with every scenario except 'good' in my head  :-\

Even when I was very ill; also the night when my dog was dying; he slept.  Don't know it if was his way of switching off/coping or if that's 'him'  ::).  I could have resented that but after 40+ years married I have accepted that it his how he is. 

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »

Any news?

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2019, 10:47:01 AM »

:-\
Pages: 1 [2]