News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3218 times)

Wrennie

Hi
« on: July 04, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »

Hello Everyone. I am brand new here. It feels a bit daunting posting for the first time. Mind you, I am not new to menopause forums, I am 64 years old and started using them (the best one was American in those days) about 25 years ago! I really thought I would have moved on by now, as thankfully the hot flushes etc are all far behind me (and my sincere sympathy to everyone going through all that just now). However I have VA and need a bit of moral support, and this seems to be the place to come. I see that there is a big long thread about it elsewhere on this forum so I'll head on over there now. See you all around! Hope you don't mind an oldie joining in  ;)

Kathleen

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »

Hello Wrennie and welcome to the forum.

Good to have you with us but less of 'the oldie ' please! Only joking of course, I am a regular and I'm 62!

There are many ladies here who can advise you and I'm sure they'll be along soon.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 02:29:25 PM »

Hi Wrennie...
We don't care how old or young you are, we're here to help if we can.
Post away, regarding anything, someone's always on to offer some help...
Oh,  :welcomemm:

Great to have you on board....xxx

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 05:30:22 PM »

Everyone welcome wrennie - happy to have you onboard. Cant help with the VA though, it's the one thing out a very long list I managed to avoid but there are loads of ladies who know all about it and then there is a book which one of the ladies on here's daughter wrote "Me and my menopausal vagina".  Check out the VA posts on the forum, plenty of experience here and everyone happy to help.
 :welcomemm:

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »

Hi there and welcome 👋
I'm 45 shut up Jill
Who cares how old you are,lovely to have you on board 😊

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 07:44:51 PM »

Jay...I can't even turn them digits around, cuz your still older than them!  :rofl:

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 07:56:54 PM »

Oh there's that nasty streak 😆😂🤣😂😆

Don't listen  to her wrennie

Rosie63

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 08:09:39 PM »

Hi Wrennie and welcome to the forum from another one of the oldies on here.  I'm 65 next month.  How did that happen 😱😂 I've just started experiencing VA symptoms I think and seeking help so not able to offer any advice at this time.  There is quite a lot of info on here about it so I'm sure you will find some helpful advice from other ladies on the forum.

Rosie63x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »

Happy birthday for next month Rosie63..... :foryou:

Lanzalover

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 06:13:52 AM »

Good morning Wrennie

:welcomemm:

Plenty of woman in their 60's on here myself included as you say don't know how it happened !

Birdy has given you some good advice only thing I will add is I have just tried the Estring and while it works well and insertion is easy it's a bit of faff getting it out but that could just be me plus I have definitely put on weight around my stomach while using it. At the moment I've gone back to vagifem and a small amount of Ovestin for the outer areas but haven't completely ruled out using the Estring again.

Good luck
Lanzalover x

Rosie63

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 06:50:42 AM »

Thanks JD 😘

JaneinPen

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 07:56:04 AM »

:welcomemm: to the forum were nice. I too am well past 60. At 66 my GP suggested Vagifem. Initially because of repeated UTI's but it has really helped the VA so I still do three times a week. Good luck

Wrennie

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 08:46:26 AM »

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I especially appreciate the encouragement from other 60plussers (not sure that sounds much better than 'oldie' but hey ho!). No, I don't know how it happened either - and I am 65 in 9 days time. Yikes!
I'll look for that book Ladybt28, thanks. Thank you for the advice Birdie and Lanzalover. I am actually on Estriol 0.01% cream, having been kind of blackmailed into using it by my GP. I have written a long post about my issues on the 'coping with vaginal dryness' thread but as it is a sticky I guess that people don't often visit it. In a nutshell (and I am not good at being brief, sorry!), I used Estriol a year ago and ended up with vaginal bleeding. GP thought maybe I'd had too much Estriol. Had to have a hysteroscopy, because the bleeding was slow to stop. The hysteroscopy was dreadful. Nothing abnormal found and the consultant said she thought I'd not used enough Estriol! So when the GP said to use it again I was very reluctant. But as I had very slight brownish/ yellow vaginal discharge (she thinks from VA) she said it was either another referral (noooo!!!) or try Estriol and see if the symptoms go. So I am back on the horrible gloopy stuff (personal opinion only!) and dreading bleeding again. Unlike last time I am fiddling with the dose (against Drs orders), using a bit less each night than the full dose. I am now into my second week and wondering whether to reduce the amount a lot at the end of two weeks, or reduce it slowly. At the moment the aim is to prevent another bleed. Later I think I'll want to talk with you all about less messy options.

Wrennie

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2019, 09:57:26 AM »

So are you a Bastille Day Baby too then Birdie?  ;D

Wrennie

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 11:50:48 AM »

A big birthday then. Hope you are going to celebrate in style!
 :party:
Pages: [1] 2