Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Desperate 😥  (Read 2630 times)

Jules53

Desperate 😥
« on: July 04, 2019, 08:44:33 AM »

Hi

Sorry me again. I stopped Fluoxetine and HRT on Sunday and have been feeling so down. Today I feel awful. Can't see the doctor until tomorrow.  I've got some Oestrodose. Should I use some of that to see if it helps?

Feel so hopeless and desperate. Feel anxious about it all too.

Thanks x

Perinowpost

Re: Desperate 😥
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 09:17:30 AM »

Jules53 can I ask why you've stopped both at once? You will be experiencing withdrawal symptoms which is never easy but will be compounded by the fact you're coming off 2 things at once. I'd be tempted to go back to using the oestrodose and taper off the fluoxetine properly rather than go cold turkey. I.e., 1 every other day for at least a couple of weeks and then half to give your body time to adjust.

Hope this helps x

Jules53

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »

Thanks Perinow.

Both were making me feel mor anxious. I was on HRT for 5 weeks and Fluoxetine for 11weeks. I was on 20mg of Fluoxetine for 5 weeks, then down to 10mg for 5 weeks, then the doctor told me to do a few days on 5mg of Fluoxetine and stop.
I stopped on Sunday. I also had to go down to half a patch and stop on Sunday.

My system is so messed up and I feel awful. Really don't know what to do 😥 x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 09:36:27 AM »

Hi Jules sorry to hear you are still feeling rough. I think you need to give it time for the meds to get out of your system and then start the oestrogen (patches or gel.) if you start the oestrogen now then you must be prepared to give it a good few months to get into your system . Unfortunately hrt is not a quick fix . You need to differentiate between what are menopausal symptoms and what are side effects of the drugs.

Just take things easy xx

Jules53

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »

Thanks Dotty.  In desperation I have used 1 pump of gel. You're right, I don't know what's what at the moment and it's my own fault😥X

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 10:14:41 AM »

It's not your own fault. This menopause is a horrible time and you'll do anything when you feel so ill. I've been desperate and in your position xx

racjen

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 01:55:16 PM »

Jules, I really sympathise and I think Dotty's right - you need to be able to distinguish what's causing what. It's so frustrating though because everything takes so long. I've been on Fluoxetine 20mg for 6 weeks and I feel worse than ever, really really depressed. Just been to my GP who said increase it to 40mg for another 4 weeks, and then up to 60mg if it still isn't working. I don't know whether to follow her advice or come off it, it's definitely not had any good effect so  far.

Jules53

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 02:00:01 PM »

Thanks racjen. I have been feeling really depressed these last few days since I stopped it. Felt so low this morning I used one pump of Oestrodose. Mood has lifted but I am really anxious now. Have taken 2mg of Diazepam but am still really anxious.  God I hate all this!

Whatever you decide to do, I really hope it works for you x

Countrygirl

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 05:14:15 PM »

Jules53, I have had anxiety most of my life and coped, but I have found this hormonal thing a complete nightmare, it has no rhyme or reason to what triggers the anxiety and the moods are a law unto themselves, so please don't be so hard on yourself   :bighug: x

Jules53

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 06:27:42 PM »

Thanks Countrygirl. Do you take anything for your anxiety and are you on HRT? X

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 02:11:25 PM »

Hello  Jules53

I just wanted to add my sympathies. My moods are constantly up and down and it's a nightmare. As Countrygirl says these moods are a law unto themselves and that is so distressing.

I'm sorry that you are suffering but you are not alone. It's not you, it's your hormones.

Wishing you well.

K.

racjen

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 04:09:13 PM »

I feel like I've tried so many different ADs and none have worked, or the side-effects are so bad i can't tolerate them, so I feel if i've got this far with fluoxetine I might as well stick with it, up the dose and just pray it eventually works. If the highest dose still doesn't work there's another drug thay can add (Quetiapine) whcih augments the effects. The alternative is just giving up on all treatments, and that feels too scary right now  :'(. I wish I could offer you more than moral support, but I'm right in there with you, just keep going however you can xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 04:12:24 PM »

It's not a 'fault'.  It's what it is.  Medication that isn't helping and the body had bounce back symptoms.  This will pass.  If you are able, rest.  Sit in the shade and watch the wild-life if possible to focus on something.

How R U now?

racjen

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 04:08:43 PM »

Thanks racjen. I have been feeling really depressed these last few days since I stopped it. Felt so low this morning I used one pump of Oestrodose. Mood has lifted but I am really anxious now. Have taken 2mg of Diazepam but am still really anxious.  God I hate all this!

Whatever you decide to do, I really hope it works for you x

After seeing my GP I decided I'd go up to 40mg and hope for the best; if I don't I'll never know if it mightve worked given time. And given that I lost my job a while back, it's not as if I have that to worry about - as long as the benefits people coninue to assess me as being unfit to work I've got enough money coming in to survive.

Jules53

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 07:43:08 PM »

Hi racjen

I'm glad you have made a decision about the Prozac and am keeping everything crossed for you🤞.  Like you I have tried lots of different ADs which haven't worked. I gave Prozac 12 weeks but I think it was too stimulating for me and made my anxiety worse. I came off it last Sunday and started on 5mg of Escitalopram on Friday. I don't feel it's making me feel as 'revved up' as Prozac and have felt calmer as the day has gone on. It's early days yet but I am being positive.

Fingers crossed for us both and sending positive vibes your way!x

Pages: [1] 2