Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hay fever  (Read 4064 times)

shrosphirelass

Hay fever
« on: July 03, 2019, 08:04:34 PM »

Has anyone else developed hayfever since they have been peri / menopausal or is it just another coincidence?

jaypo

Re: Hay fever
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »

No,I'm afraid allergies are heightened, I use pirinase nasal spray,it's fab
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:17:50 PM by jaypo »

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:39:26 AM »

Ahhh summer,don't you just love it?😏😭🤧🤧😪😪😆😂

brandydog1

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 08:45:49 AM »

Most definitely!  :(

I've gone from getting occasional sniffles in summer, to terrible hayfever / allergy symptoms most of the year but its much worse at the moment (constant sneezing, sore eyes, itchy red skin).

Recommended by NHS allergy clinic to take 4 fenofexedine per day, eye drops and nasal spray.
After surgical menopause, so many things seem to set off quite bad allergy symptoms for me, washing powder, perfumes, cats, none of which bothered me before.

Worse is that just 1 glass of wine can give me really bad hayfever symptoms  :( :(

Catcc

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 02:26:23 PM »

I used to get a few sniffles and itchy eyes very occasionally, and some years nothing at all.   This year it has been horrific!  Constant crippling headaches/sinus problems and eyes so itchy I struggle to focus (and this is in spite of the fact that I am on a daily antihistamine, steroid nasal spray and eye drops!).   I've never had hayfever so bad!!

Since menopause I am now also suddenly allergic to everything - have to buy everything fragrance free. 

Foxylady

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 06:45:23 PM »

Me too. Hayfever as a child had to take inhaler as it made me wheezy, grew out of it by my teens. About 4 years ago out the blue started with really bad hay fever & it has continued, using a few different antihistamine treatments to try & keep it at bay. It's awful cause having to make a choice between sleeping with the windows open for cool air or shutting them & tossing/turning all night cause of heat even with fan on. >:(

ElkWarning

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 10:01:19 AM »

I think hayfever is just generally terrible this year.  I haven't taken daily antihistamines in like forever, but every day it's as if my eyes are on fire.  Was in a motorbike shop last weekend chatting to the young chaps, and they're also massively suffering this year.  Strangely, or perhaps not, swimming seems to really help, I think the chlorine must strip all the allergens out.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 01:48:27 PM »

I think these allergies are becoming more common - nowt like that when I was a child.  Until the 1970s when a Consultant told me to go to Oz  ::).  Dusting throughly is important, I noted last week that I get symptoms at Mum's 'cos we haven't hoovered for months ....... whereas I never had them there.  So going to buy an industrial hoovery-thingy 2 take there ........

Oil seed rape triggers my dry throat and wheeziness - a plant grown in recent years.  I am very aware of that in particular.  A little Vaseline beneath the nostrils helps. Apparently.

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »

Oil seed rape is the thing that gets me too would you believe,we're surrounded by it here..............of course🤬

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »

Then it rains and the seeds STINK  >:(.  Like school dinners  :-X

shrosphirelass

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 07:14:02 PM »

No,I'm afraid allergies are heightened, I use pirinase nasal spray,it's fab

I use this too. My sinus type headaches are always worse in the summer, never equated them with hayfever (my headaches generally have been cyclic and hormone related) until a friend suggested it may be a contributor.

This year has been bad. Apart from the headache and sore eyes Ive had a really sore throat, not scratchy just sore, but I'm sure it's hayfever as it goes away and then comes back when the pollen levels are very high.

Hormones seem to heighten everything!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:18:02 PM by shrosphirelass »

Sparrow

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 07:52:20 AM »

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone takes any non pharmaceutical products for their Hayfever.  I think I had my first experience of Hayfever yesterday and, although I have antihistamines in the house, I am open to more natural remedies.

Many thanks 🙂

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2020, 08:44:43 AM »

My daughter tried Vaseline up her nose but that didn't work but she got one of those air purifiers,switches it on at night with the window shut and she's fine,obviously doesn't help if you go outdoors mind you

Sparrow

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2020, 08:52:19 AM »

My gosh, in lockdown and indoors.  Phew I don't think my sanity would last.

Might have to resort to the tablets but so far okay today.

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2020, 11:15:21 AM »

Pirineze nasal spray works for me,if my nose would stop running for 5 minutes I'd be happy
Pages: [1] 2 3