Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vitamins advice if poss please  (Read 2215 times)

Roobee

Vitamins advice if poss please
« on: July 01, 2019, 05:38:52 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy some vitamins etc. Seems like a good place to start is with Vit D, B Vits and magnesium.
Can anyone advise me which form to get and how much is ok to take please?
Are they best bought separately or as a multi vit?
Heard they are good for anxiety and general knackeredness

Thank you for any  replies x

Salad

Re: Vitamins advice if poss please
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 11:18:13 PM »

Obviously not a doctor but have done a bit of reading for myself  :)

Might be worth having your levels checked before supplementing in case you are deficient. You can test Vitamin D whilst supplementing but have to be off Vitamin B12 for four months to get a true reading.

Vitamin D - gel capsules of D3 if possible. Recommended dose varies according to maintaining or increasing your level. My capsules come from Costco and are 2000 iu - I take 4000 iu as I've been Vitamin D deficient and need to keep my level up.

Magnesium comes in a variety of forms some better absorbed than others eg Magnesium Glycinate or Magnesium Malate. I take 400 mg but up to 800-900 mg ok, if tolerated.

Vitamin K2 (Mk4 or Mk7) - important to take with Vitamin D if dosing at higher levels. It keeps calcium in the teeth and bones rather than potentially circulating in the blood. I take 5mg of Mk4.

Vitamin B12 - NHS deficiency levels (below 200) a lot lower than some other countries eg China says you're deficient if your reading is 500 or below. I used a sublingual spray 1200 mcg daily.

Biotin - good for hair and nails. Helps control my hair shedding - I take a high dose of 10 mg.

Lots of information on the internet, worth spending some time having a read. Not sure if I'm allowed to recommend websites  8)

Hopefully others will come a long with suggestions then you can decide what's right for you - good luck.

Roobee

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 06:44:53 AM »

Thanks Salad, that's interesting 😀

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy some vitamins etc. Seems like a good place to start is with Vit D, B Vits and magnesium.
Can anyone advise me which form to get and how much is ok to take please?
Are they best bought separately or as a multi vit?
Heard they are good for anxiety and general knackeredness

Thank you for any  replies x
A uro gynaecologist recommended Vit C to me to help prevent bladder irritation/UTI's. I have forgotten her explanation but she definitely advised taking it.

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 04:00:58 PM »

Oh, it's because the vit C makes the bladder area a little more acidic, which means the bacteria can't stick to the walls of the bladder. That means they can't multiply and they get flushed out.
BUT it is only a good idea if you gave a UTI. Not a good idea if you have bladder irritation due to VA.  Then the vit C will make the pain worse.