Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Sciatica?  (Read 7021 times)

Tc

Sciatica?
« on: June 23, 2019, 08:39:21 PM »

Hiya. In the last week or so I've developed pain around my lower back /upper bum in a band going round and into both hips and down front of legs. It was only top of legs at first but now it's going right down my left leg even into top of foot. . I had trouble sleeping last night because of it and today its realy painful even though I'm taking pain killers.
I wondered if its sciatica but I thought that went down the back of legs.

Any experience/advice greatly appreciated.
Xxx

pants46

• Still Struggling
Re: Sciatica?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 09:33:47 PM »

Hmmm.
I slipped and burst a disc (the same one, at the same time). I ended up with sciatica, but it only went down one leg. My foot ended up going numb for a while.
I had done the damage by moving a wardrobe. I had 2 weeks of localised back ache. Then the back ache went, and 4 hours later ... bam ... the most agonising pain down the leg.
Have you done anything recently that could have resulted in back damage ?
x

Tc

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 09:55:40 PM »

Hiya pants. I've been more active than I have for ages but only everyday things.i do have 3 flights of stairs to climb up with my shopping though.  It doesnt realy hurt when I twist or bend although its stiff.  ithe back pain and hip is an ache but down leg is more of a gnawing pain.
The top of my foot has been  throbbing.all day.
Xxx

Tc

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 12:12:38 AM »

I've been doing pelvic floor excersises a couple weeks now. Maybe I should stop them a few days.
Thanks birdy.x

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 12:46:40 AM »

Tc, also, since starting the HRT every single muscle I have ever pulled in my entire life has hurt at some point over the last 10 weeks. I think its the hormones going back into the muscles.
You upped to 250 ( :o) a while ago, maybe you are finally absorbing something and this is your body's way of telling you.
Which would be awesome, if annoying at the same time.  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »

I get sciatica when I don't kneel to do chores below waist level.  Pain relief and a brisk walk usually eases the pain. 

Tc

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 12:46:48 PM »

Thanks CLKD. X 

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 02:06:43 PM »

I have to remember to kneel though  :-\ or I can feel the nerve pulling.  When I had dogs it was often a problem when putting on/taking off leads  ::)

Tc

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 02:15:11 PM »

Yes. Especially as I've been feeling better in myself. Maybe it's the HRT or maybe it's a meno symptom which has just taken longer to arrive than the others.  What joy!!!

CLKD. Because I've been up and out every day the last week I've washed my hair every morning and my shower is broken so I've been leaning over the bath and it's a realy high sided bath. It might have triggered it.

Didnt sleep much because of it again last night. Ibuprofen would be good but I'm not supposed to take it as I have asthma. So its paracetamol. Think I'll get some extra strength.

Thanks ladies. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 02:33:01 PM »

Yep.  That's another area where I can feel the nerve pulling  ::)

Paracetamol does nowt for me  ???

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 01:23:20 AM »

Tc, stick a hot water bottle on the worst bit. If you can bear it in this heat.
Can you see a physio or get a sports massage?

Cacarosa

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 10:15:08 AM »

I've had sciatica since I was 15 (I have scoliosis, 40° so my spine looks like the Zorro signature and many discs are misplaced and worn). Unfortunately when it hits you there isn't much to be done. Strong pain killers, anti inflammatory drugs, relax, some slow walks if you can walk and wait until it gets better. Sometimes it hits you for a week, sometimes it lasts for a year. If it gets too crippling, disc surgery.

Tc

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 10:58:20 AM »

Thank you cacorosa. Sorry you suffer so badly with this. I would imagine menopause hasnt helped at all.
Mine  has eased a lot now. Interestingly, I see a womens physio for prolapse/bladder issues and she mentioned my pelvis and hips were very tight and might have set it off.
Thank you for the advice
I wish you well. Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 11:04:21 AM »

Pelvis and hips 'tight' - I've never been able to touch my toes without bending my knees. Is that what she means ?  :-\

Tc

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 11:23:42 AM »

Haha. I dont think so. I think she meant the ligaments. Maybe due to the surgery.
How are you CLKD?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4