Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Unusual Method for HRT Patches  (Read 803 times)

Kathleen

Unusual Method for HRT Patches
« on: June 21, 2019, 04:57:22 PM »

Hello ladies

I've just heard of a someone using patches for two weeks only and then taking them off for two weeks then beginning again. I've never heard of this before and wondered what you ladies thought about it?

I've just been chatting to a friend and it's a friend of hers that has been prescribed this regime by her GP. This lady went to her doctor and explained that she was still having periods but felt terrible every two weeks so she was told to only use the patch when she felt awful but to leave it off for the remainder of the month.

My friend assures me that she has remembered the story correctly but it does seem a bit odd. Could this be a mistake or is it a new and novel way to treat the menopause!

Wishing you well ladies.

K.

racjen

Re: Unusual Method for HRT Patches
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »

First of all, is this a combi patch or estrogen alone we're talking about? How is your friend feeling on this regime, and how long has she been on it? As far as I'm concerned if it works, just do it, as long as it's not anything which might be harmful to wider health.

Kathleen

Re: Unusual Method for HRT Patches
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 06:59:52 PM »

Hello racjen

The problem is I don't know this woman very well, she is my friend's friend. When I said that I'd never heard of this regime before and asked some questions my friend wasn't sure of the details.  I am certain though that the woman in question is early fifties and is still having periods.

I thought it was worth posting on the forum so other ladies would be aware of it just incase it turns out to be a new and novel way of helping us meno sufferers!

Wishing you well.

K.