Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Switching from oestrogel to tablet - advice please  (Read 520 times)

becca

Switching from oestrogel to tablet - advice please
« on: June 18, 2019, 07:25:59 AM »

Hi all,
Just coming to the end of a six month trial of 6 pumps per day of oestrogel and have an appointment at the clinic on thurs.  Initially things were much better as my oestro levels had crashed on the estradot patch, but gradually symptoms are starting to creep back in - the odd hot flush,  poor sleep, hormonally emotional and change in bowel habit - I have been keeping a diary of symptoms and then yesterday I got my bloods back and sure enough oestro is dropping below 300 again, which is not a disaster but with the symptoms creeping back in I'm worried I might be on another downward slide.  I do know that I need to be at around 400 to feel 'normal'.

It's hard to prove this to the clinic but I feel like I must have an absorption problem as no matter what dose of gel I'm on I get an initial spike in levels and feel good, then after a while struggle to maintain the right level to alleviate symptoms and they have to increase the dose.

The only other thing I'm wondering about the blood results is that the tests were done first thing in the morning and I hadn't applied the gel, BUT the symptoms have been getting worse for a couple of months now so I wonder if I should go by that more than the blood results??

I'm also on 100mg utrogetan, vaginally for 12 days and two pumps tostran per week. SHBG is over 200 since increasing oestro dose from 3 pumps per day and clinic doesn't know why.

Anyway - I am thinking that I might have to try a tablet rather than transdermal, which I don't want to do as I have had some good results from transdermal - i.e I no longer have osteopenia (YAY!) -  plus of course the increased risk and all the other things.  But otherwise the clinic is talking about an implant which I don't feel ready to try.  So are any of the tablet forms of estradiol 'bio-identical/plant based' or are they all from horses' urine??  I couldn't find that info on the site so if anyone knows the "best" one to try I'd appreciate any tips.

Anyone else switched from gel to tablet?  How did it go? If I swtich to tablet does that mean I won't get any bone protection? 

Dotty

Re: Switching from oestrogel to tablet - advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 09:07:28 AM »

Hi only the tablets beginning with ‘Pre' are from horse urine....Premarin and Premique I think. All other tablet form contain body identical oestrogen. It's the progesterone which is synthetic. You can have an Oestrogen only tablet and stick with the Utrogestan.

The tablets will still give you the bone protection. X

becca

Re: Switching from oestrogel to tablet - advice please
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 09:38:51 AM »

Thank you Dotty x