Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan plus oestrogel  (Read 904 times)

flower66

Utrogestan plus oestrogel
« on: June 17, 2019, 06:57:40 PM »

Hi 👋

I've been taking utrogestan 100mg daily (at night) with 3 pumps of oestrogel (in the morning) for 6 months.  This is the 4th HRT regime I have tried.  All went really well for the first 4 months but I've been having bleeds every 2 weeks since and they have been painful and heavy 🤦‍♀️. I am 53 yrs old and have been post meno for about 2 years.  I have had 2 pelvic scans and everything has been normal.

Do I keep going with the routine, reduce my oestrogel or take the utrogestan 1-25 days with a 3 day break to reduce the bleeding?  I've come along way with my HRT journey and I don't want to give up just yet. The coil was suggested at one point but I'm really not keen.

Any advice gratefully received 😊
Modify message
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:00:01 PM by flower66 »

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Utrogestan plus oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 08:15:48 PM »

Hi flower66- Utrogestan is a bit unstable in the body so it can take a while to settle. All can be ok for a while, then it can start to play up.
You can try taking it vaginally but as you're taking it daily that's a bit of a faff. You could maybe try taking it vaginally/ orally on alternative days or weeks?
Or move to a cyclical basis where you'll have a scheduled bleed each month. This is how a few of us who are progesterone intolerant take it as we can't hack it on a daily basis.
I've no experience of taking it for most of the month and having a 3 day break.

Sorry but it's trial and error. Hopefully things will settle down x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:18 AM »

Hi flower66

:welcomemm:

The 3 day break from utrogestan is intended for those who have some lining built up to have a bleed so you could try that if you wanted? Otherwise as MicheleMaBelle suggested taking it cyclically for fewer days per month.

Hurdity x

flower66

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 09:02:20 PM »

Thank you both for your replies. 
I've had a 3 day break and am now back on the utrogestan.  The bleed stopped the day after I stopped taking it.   I'll see how it goes for now but I'm interested to know how I follow a cyclical regime?
 :)

flower66

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:11:15 AM »

Update - I'm bleeding again, it began on Saturday 🤦🏼‍♀️ I'm completely drained and have no energy at all.  I'm now considering  stopping it all together to see how I feel, any advice ladies? 😊

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 01:23:35 PM »

So a cycle with Utrogestan works like this. 

Days 1-15 oestrogen only
Nightime day 15 to day 26 - 200mg Utrogestan (orally or vaginally)
day 27/28/29(30 if there is one) oestrogen only 

Start cycle again.

I am 57 and cannot take progesterone of any kind continuously.  It took about 7-8 months for everything to settle on my oestrogel and utro cycle to work properly. Now better than I have been in 10 years.