Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Confused about dosage of Utrogestan  (Read 526 times)

Lynnhunter

Confused about dosage of Utrogestan
« on: June 17, 2019, 05:41:51 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Just looking for some advise on dosage.. I've been post menopause for 5yrs had a few issues with HRT at beginning, but finally settled on elleste duet 2mg now kliofem 2mg orally. However a few months started to feel like I was slipping backwards and the return of symptoms that I thought / hoped had settled,(anxiety,little sleep and very low mood and now a diagnosis of vestibular migraine) after trying Evorel conti patches which I was allergic too I went back on kliofem while waiting for a referral to gynaecologist.
She advised using Estradiol 2 pumps daily taken with 100mg of Utrogestan..... after picking up prescription the outside label states “ 1 x 100mg to be taken daily”.  however on the printed advice inside it says 2 x 100mg to be taken from day 15 to 26 of my 28 day cycle with a bleed happening after this!😱.   I don't remember anything from gynaecologist that relates to this dosage at all..
Can you take 2 pumps Estradiol and 1 x 100mg Utrogestan daily, every day with no bleed??

Any advice would be great as I'm confused. I would need to go to my GP who is not knowledgeable on HRT to get referred back to gynaecologist..

Thanks.
Lynn 😩

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Confused about dosage of Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 08:09:07 PM »

Hi Lynn- I know what the leaflet says but you can take it every day with no break x

Lynnhunter

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 08:43:15 PM »

MicheleMaBelle,

thanks for your reply.
I'm so happy to hear that. I definitely won't get a bleed?

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 09:35:04 PM »

You shouldn't once it settles down but never say never, it can do funny things at times.x