Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: On HRT again at 56  (Read 1514 times)

MarCam

On HRT again at 56
« on: June 18, 2019, 10:23:45 PM »

Hi I am almost 56 yrs old, I first started having menopausal symptoms when I was 48, and was on HRT patches for 6yrs. I gave up work 3yrs ago and gave up HRT at the same time, I hadn't had a period now for about 3 or 4 yrs. I had been struggling again, constantly feeling sweaty so I went back to doctors and asked to go back on the patches Everol 50 and Sequi I feel much better but I have been bleeding, i

Dotty

Re: On HRT again at 56
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 05:33:50 AM »

Hi Evorel Sequi will give you a bleed. You need continuous for no bleed x

vickypk

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 11:05:53 AM »

Hi MarCam
I'm using Evorel conti patches you won't get a bleed with those. Evorel conti to be used if you haven't had a period for a year. Hope that helps
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:43:45 PM by vickypk »

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 12:18:48 PM »

Hi I am almost 56 yrs old, I first started having menopausal symptoms when I was 48, and was on HRT patches for 6yrs. I gave up work 3yrs ago and gave up HRT at the same time, I hadn't had a period now for about 3 or 4 yrs. I had been struggling again, constantly feeling sweaty so I went back to doctors and asked to go back on the patches Everol 50 and Sequi I feel much better but I have been bleeding, i
I am also using Evorel conti. No bleeding  for me yet though you can get a little at the beginning as a side effect.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »

I bled on Evorel Conti.
But it isn't 'expected' bleeding as with Sequi  (as Dotty posted).

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 03:18:09 PM »

Well, I was told by my GP (not putting a lot of weight on that mind you) to expect a bleed at first and I got one.
But just initially.
Consultant told me that it might happen so not to worry if it did. Nothing at all yet. Perhaps because of half patches.

MarCam

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 01:11:35 PM »

Hi MarCam
I'm using Evorel conti patches you won't get a bleed with those. Evorel conti to be used if you haven't had a period for a year. Hope that helps
Thank you, I hadn't had a period for maybe 3 yrs and now with the two different patches Everl Congo and sequi I have had a really heavy period for a week now, should I only be having the Everton continues patch ?

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 01:55:07 PM »

Hi MarCam If you are post menopause then you should have a patch which contains continuous progesterone.  This patch is Evorel Conti.

If you are using Evorel Sequi then you will most likely get a monthly bleed x