Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rarely feel alive, help please  (Read 3855 times)

Jules53

Re: Rarely feel alive, help please
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2019, 09:54:23 AM »

Irish Wendy and Pants46 I feel your pain. I stopped HRT (and Fluoxetine) on Sunday. I had a good day yesterday (some anxiety but nothing major) but today I have woken up with an upset stomach, stomach pain and nausea. I hope it subsides soon.

Irish Wendy- are you still on the HRT?

Hope you both feel better soon. Jules x

Joaniepat

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 10:04:46 AM »

Hi IrishWendy

Dr Currie is very helpful.  I did an email consultation with her and the level of information was great.  It is just £30 and you could take the advice to your doctor?

Another way to have just progesterone is the Mirena coil, which also provides contraception. 

But given your geographical challenges I would request an email consultation.  You can find it on this site.

Good luck
Elmsey

Is she in the UK?
Thank you x
IrishWendy, Dr Curry runs this site. You can send her an email by going to Contact Us on the main menu. Cost is £30.

JP x

Ladybt28

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 10:05:01 AM »

Irish Wendy - forget about bloods, it's all about symptoms - well most of the really good hrt consultants in the UK think that way mostly.  Where are you - Southern Ireland or Northern Ireland.  I am in in NI and the meno clinic in Belfast is excellent.  If you are in ROI then I appreciate the problem?
I was at my worst with meno around the age of 50 to 55 - I pretty much needed sectioning  ::)  I couldn't leave the house for anxiety and life was one long nauseous panic attack, with painful joints, headaches, shakes, memory loss plus a heap of others thrown in - I feel your pain. 
I had been on hrt since I was 45 but it turned out it was the wrong thing and didn't do anything for me.  I had to try 5 different combos before it all got sorted so to Jules53 and Pants I would say don't give up altogether and suffer just work your way through the hrt prescription list till you get it right - it is possible.  I never thought so, I thought that was my life - over! but it is.
Where are you Irish Wendy?

Jules53

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2019, 10:39:27 AM »

Thanks Ladybt. Which HRT are you on now? I'm giving my body a rest for a bit x

Jules53

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2019, 10:48:05 AM »

Thanks Ladybt. Which HRT are you on now? I'm giving my body a rest for a bit x

IrishWendy

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2019, 11:29:38 AM »

Irish Wendy and Pants46 I feel your pain. I stopped HRT (and Fluoxetine) on Sunday. I had a good day yesterday (some anxiety but nothing major) but today I have woken up with an upset stomach, stomach pain and nausea. I hope it subsides soon.

Irish Wendy- are you still on the HRT?

Hope you both feel better soon. Jules x

No I'm not in the hrt. I only took it for Feb, March and April and I've been off it since then.
It helped my IBS but it gave me daily panic attacks or something similar and I had to take half a xanax everyday. I don't understand it. I think its rocked my system now and made me worse than before the hrt!

IrishWendy

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2019, 11:35:36 AM »

Irish Wendy - forget about bloods, it's all about symptoms - well most of the really good hrt consultants in the UK think that way mostly.  Where are you - Southern Ireland or Northern Ireland.  I am in in NI and the meno clinic in Belfast is excellent.  If you are in ROI then I appreciate the problem?
I was at my worst with meno around the age of 50 to 55 - I pretty much needed sectioning  ::)  I couldn't leave the house for anxiety and life was one long nauseous panic attack, with painful joints, headaches, shakes, memory loss plus a heap of others thrown in - I feel your pain. 
I had been on hrt since I was 45 but it turned out it was the wrong thing and didn't do anything for me.  I had to try 5 different combos before it all got sorted so to Jules53 and Pants I would say don't give up altogether and suffer just work your way through the hrt prescription list till you get it right - it is possible.  I never thought so, I thought that was my life - over! but it is.
Where are you Irish Wendy?

Hi I'm in the Republic and probably in the worst part of the Republic for healthcare, Leitrim.
The hrt gave me daily panic attacks.
NOW two months without hrt I am worse than before the hrt.
I have daily shakes, anxiety, dizzy, nausea.
It's like a horrendous sugar drop or huge panic attack or drop in blood sugar but it's not those.
I'm worse now.

Ladybt28

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2019, 11:56:12 AM »

I am on oestrogel and utrogestan.  I have had: PrempackC 6 years (didn't work but I didn't know that then only learned from experience and this forum)and then discontinued so I had to change to Premique but also discontinued,  Evorel sequi - no good - gave me Tridestra 3 months - progesterone part no good, then Femeston - crippling headaches - Elleste duet and solo cos GP couldn't makeup mind whether I was still post or peri at 55.

Learnt through all of this that combination hrt wasn't working as couldn't get balance right for my body - then tried Premarin and provera on a continuous cycle and the provera sent me completely over the edge.  Had been on this forum for about a year and so decided to ask for gel and utro as they are separate forms and you can play around with the doses of the gel yourself till you get the right level without really having to go back to the GP to get new prescriptions (just more on repeat if you use more gel). Worked out my body didn't like continuous progesterone so decided from here to use a cycle although GP's usually recommend continuous when you are post meno just for convenience because it means you shouldn't bleed but I was happy to if I felt better.

So after 2 years faffing I am on 4 pumps oestrogel and 12 days utro vaginally (to minimise side effects) for 10months plus3x pea blobs testosterone for 6 months I am now better than I have been in 10 years - I have a life back.

It is said that each hrt can take a minimum of 3 months to settle and I think the more confused our bodies and the longer we have been "ill" (for want of a better word) the longer it takes to fix.  Mine has taken nearly a year but it took 3 years to find the right hrt for my body to do it.  We all react so differently and for some of us there is no quick fix and you will find most of us with problems on the forum  :)  but there are success stories too.  I wasn't prepared to give up and I'm glad I didn't. xx
To be honest for some of us there is no quick fix, it is a long old haul.

bit of history I had been on AD's 40 years - turns out meno taught me I had always had underlying hormonal problems which just went off the scale in meno and now no ADs' and minimal painkillers - got rid of the lost completely in the last 18 months or so.

Jules53

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »

Thanks Ladybt. Glad you are feeling so good now.

Unfortunately, Oestrogel didn't suit me - it gave me unbearable itching - and Utrogestan didn't suit me either. The only HRT I found suited me was Femseven Conti patches and they have been discontinued 😥

Ladybt28

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2019, 12:36:03 PM »

This business about discontinuing stuff is a real pain Jules.  GP's often say they are all the same but they are most definitely no which is borne out by all the comments on the various ones by ladies on the forum.  Femeston nearly made my head explode!
I get a bit of itching sometimes but I think it is usually around using the gel and utro together but I can put up with it - I just take some antihistamine.  Bearing in mind some of the side effects and symptoms in the past, its really just a minor inconvenience to manage.

There has been more and more publicity in the press over the last 6 months to increase awareness but it seems the types of hrt available are diminishing which doesn't make any sense at all??? :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]