Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femonston conti super depressed/dryness  (Read 1016 times)

Nairn

Femonston conti super depressed/dryness
« on: June 16, 2019, 10:50:56 AM »

Help please

Been on femonston 2/10 for 7 years and it's been great - I am 52.  However recent scan/biopsy showed that my endometrial lining has significantly increased so now I have to go onto combined.  GP has put me on Femonston conti tablets (on the basis its the same prep)  plus vagifem 4xweek (after the 2 week intensive start) but it's awful.  Terrible mood swings, very upset most of the time/ depressed and on edge and really awful dryness - making sex very painful.  I had major problems with dryness years ago which was why I was placed on the 2/10.     Can anyone recommend a better preparation/combination - can't cope with this. :'(
Thanks

Joaniepat

Re: Femonston conti super depressed/dryness
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 11:02:36 AM »

Nairn, what are you using for the dryness? Systemic HRT won't necessarily resolve symptoms of VA. You could use a vaginal moisturiser as well as the Vagifem. Have you tried Yes VM?

JP x

Nairn

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 11:30:34 AM »

Hi Joaniepat

Thanks - I have in the past for external symptoms ,  but this is internal and much worse towards the top - do you think Yes VM would help with that? The Femonston 2/10 kept everything under control and I can't go back to how things were before 2/10

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 12:24:13 PM »

Hi Joaniepat

Thanks - I have in the past for external symptoms ,  but this is internal and much worse towards the top - do you think Yes VM would help with that? The Femonston 2/10 kept everything under control and I can't go back to how things were before 2/10

Yes VM can be used internally, so it should help. They sell single use vials for getting it right into the vagina.  Personally, I prefer to put some into one of the round ended, syringe style applicators sold by Stressnomore, as I think you can get it higher up. Also, it is cheaper this way than buying the vials.

JP x

Nairn

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Thanks so much JP, I have just order the Yes OB as it seems to be the most moisturise and will try the trick with the srynge as well

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »

'Ovestin' is delivered high into the vagina via applicator in a measured dose ;-)

Nairn

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 02:41:46 PM »

Thanks CLKD - will look up and speak with GP X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »

Will you let us know how you get on?

Nairn

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 03:55:58 PM »