Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hands up if you have IBS type symptoms SINCE menop?  (Read 2803 times)

shrosphirelass

Re: Hands up if you have IBS type symptoms SINCE menop?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »

That's probably the case CLKD. Chicken and egg!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »

Yep.  Makes 'it' hard work!

Turkish delight

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 09:43:59 AM »

Thanks again to everyone who replied, it's really helping me piece things together and work out what's going on with me.

So the penny has now dropped, and I've thought about the bigger picture. In the past 2 weeks I've noticed some of my meno symptoms are returning.

Very achy joints, a uti, flushes, headaches, ect and the bowel issues on top. Plus interestingly 'after' sorting my UTI I've had an urgency to pee again and very slight itching, which before and during the UTI wasn't there as was being taken care of by the Vagifem. Had to up Vagifem dose and it slowly working.

All this is making me think I need to up my estrogen to a bit more than the one pump I'm on. I have got all the over counter remedies you all mentioned and will give it all a go and see how I get on in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks girls

TD

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »

Vaginal atrophy mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well - did I say already  ::) so keep using the 'vagifem', some have to use two doses some nights and others every night.  Trial and Error.
Pages: 1 [2]