Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Mum bleeding post-menopause  (Read 7879 times)

weeamanda23

Re: Mum bleeding post-menopause
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 12:50:52 AM »

Probably infection?  2 weeks lead in as long as it doesn't take too much longer is about usual.

That's what I thought, like a UTI or something. That couldn't cause bleeding though, could it? She has to hand it in tomorrow to the doctor.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 11:31:32 AM »

One can pass small amounts of blood if there is an infection, the important thing is that urine samples are sent to a Lab., a surgery dip stick doesn't tell anything.  Otherwise the incorrect anti-biotic may be prescribed when a patient doesn't need ABs at all.

weeamanda23

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 06:40:08 PM »

Thanks. So, I have a little more info today. The urine dipstick was normal, but her sample is being tested at a lab. Her vitamin b12 and her folate is low too, so the Doctor has prescribed an antibiotic as she does think there's an infection somewhere but she doesn't know where. Mum's to go back next Wednesday for more bloods  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »

So more ABs without causation? when the public is being told not to take them due to resistance to bugs  >:( .......  GPs aren't helping with the problem of Germs taking over  ::).

Your Mum will be like a pin-cushion  :D how does she seem in herself?

weeamanda23

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 11:51:44 PM »

So more ABs without causation? when the public is being told not to take them due to resistance to bugs  >:( .......  GPs aren't helping with the problem of Germs taking over  ::).

Your Mum will be like a pin-cushion  :D how does she seem in herself?

Exactly! Our GP surgery seems really bad for it. She's been okay, just tired. I think a lot of it is stress, she's worried but she's never been one for showing it. Other than that, she seems okay! I'm glad the bleeding has stopped! I probably won't have any more updates till her urine analysis is back though.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 08:32:34 AM »

<wave>

weeamanda23

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 06:36:19 PM »

<wave>

She's feeling sick today, but I'm assuming it's the antibiotics  ::) I got her some actimel, so hopefully that might help a little. The waiting for all these tests to get done is so frustrating though.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 06:40:46 PM »

I thought about you and your Mum in the early hours  ::)

I expect that they want to take more bloods to check on her infection markers to see if the ABs have worked.  We have to be so aware of the possibility of sepsis these days so it's a bit between a rock and a hard place if the point of infection isn't obvious.

Has she 3 days of ABs?  How R U?

weeamanda23

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2019, 01:07:48 AM »

I thought about you and your Mum in the early hours  ::)

I expect that they want to take more bloods to check on her infection markers to see if the ABs have worked.  We have to be so aware of the possibility of sepsis these days so it's a bit between a rock and a hard place if the point of infection isn't obvious.

Has she 3 days of ABs?  How R U?

I guess I'd prefer her to be on them then, as you say, they don't know where about this infection is. I think this is her third full day, yes. She's doing better tonight, I really encouraged her to eat with the antiobiotics too and she wasn't feeling as sick. She's just saying about a taste in her mouth now.

I'm doing okay too, thanks so much for asking. It's so great to be able to come here and type out if something's bothering me. I have a condition called SVT and having had this chest infection, my heart rate has been fast as anything  ;D I'm trying to keep calm about everything and reading the other women here with the same problem is putting my mind further at ease. I really appreciate your replies too, thank you again!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:09:24 AM by weeamanda23 »

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2019, 06:44:47 AM »

Morning!  off fishing later  8) well, DH will be fishing and I will sleep.  Long and deep  ;)

weeamanda23

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 06:35:38 PM »

Morning!  off fishing later  8) well, DH will be fishing and I will sleep.  Long and deep  ;)

Hope you have a good rest day, then!  ;) We got her appointment letter today, it's on the 8th of July. It says on it 90% of cases are nothing to worry about, but they'll be doing an exam then an internal scan, and if necessary (I'm hoping not!) a biopsy. I'm glad to get it so we know what we're doing, but nervous now!  :o

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »

You have the date, not long to wait.  It sounds 'within normal limits' for investigations. 

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 10:34:59 PM »

The day was lovely, thanks.

weeamanda23

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »

You have the date, not long to wait.  It sounds 'within normal limits' for investigations.
e

Feeling a little more nervous since yesterday. Since my Mum had her stroke, she's had no real appetite and has lost weight, and I've now convinced myself it's due to something untoward and wasn't from her stroke at all :'( Not to mention, we've been having trouble with our neighbour  and police had to get involved today  ::) Worst timing!!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2019, 09:48:42 PM »

Did your Mum lose her sense of smell with the stroke?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4