Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Mum bleeding post-menopause  (Read 7886 times)

weeamanda23

Re: Mum bleeding post-menopause
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2019, 12:54:30 AM »

Did your Mum lose her sense of smell with the stroke?

I'm actually not sure..? I did ask her and she says she didn't, but immediately after it, she wouldn't eat anything. Weirdly enough, the only thing she enjoyed in the hospital was a terry's chocolate orange, and macaroni she got the day she was getting discharged. Since then, it's been a nightmare for her eating, she says chewing makes her exhausted so these days she sticks to liquid drinks and such. Would she be aware of losing her sense of smell?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 11:42:07 AM »

Not necessarily if it happened suddenly but certainly smell and taste are essential components in encouraging eating correctly. Smell as a warning that food is edible and taste to allow someone to actually want to eat.

Maybe a factor to consider, maybe you could send an e-mail to the Stroke Association?  R her 'meals' on the NHS? 

weeamanda23

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2019, 06:50:23 PM »

Not necessarily if it happened suddenly but certainly smell and taste are essential components in encouraging eating correctly. Smell as a warning that food is edible and taste to allow someone to actually want to eat.

Maybe a factor to consider, maybe you could send an e-mail to the Stroke Association?  R her 'meals' on the NHS? 

She did consider getting the prescribed meals to help her, but she didn't pursue it. I wonder if it could be more her taste, she did say things tasted metallic when she was in hospital. I'll send an email through to them, I actually emailed them for some support after it and they were wonderful. We also got her urine results back from hospital, and there's no infection there. Now where on earth could it be?  ??? She's phoned up the ward where she'll be having her scan to confirm her appointment, and I also told her she could probably get her in earlier if anyone cancelled. We're waiting on a call back.

weeamanda23

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2019, 08:54:26 PM »

She got an earlier appt. for Monday  :o

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2019, 06:38:54 AM »

That's good. 

Now she can make that list ;-)

weeamanda23

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2019, 08:32:18 PM »

That's good. 

Now she can make that list ;-)

She's already done it! I think she just wants to get it out of the way now  ;D She doesn't want me to come with her, so I'll be sitting twiddling my thumbs!  :o

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »

Amanda,
How's Mum going to get there ? She's not planning on driving herself ?

weeamanda23

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2019, 01:34:05 AM »

Amanda,
How's Mum going to get there ? She's not planning on driving herself ?

Nah, not at all! My Dad's heading there with her, she doesn't like driving by herself since she was cleared for it after her stroke anyway. I'm a bit nervous I won't be there to hear what's said though  :( 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:38:06 AM by weeamanda23 »

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2019, 08:03:10 AM »

You'll hear in good time, what your parents need you to know  ;)

weeamanda23

!
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2019, 03:27:03 AM »

You'll hear in good time, what your parents need you to know  ;)

I can't remember if I wrote this before  :D but Mum had her other bloods taken and results are expected today or Monday. On the brighter side, I got her a new smartphone. She had one of those Microsoft ones, but they've stopped supporting them so they're useless now. Yesterday she lost facebook on it(no more updates for it), and she was properly upset about it!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2019, 04:19:40 PM »

I have no idea what the differences might be between the various makes of mobiles  ;D

weeamanda23

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 01:48:35 AM »

I have no idea what the differences might be between the various makes of mobiles  ;D

I got her the same one as me so I know how to work it. Even I'm confused with all the differences these days!  ;D

weeamanda23

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2019, 04:43:44 AM »

Well, Mum's appointment is tomorrow  :-X I'm getting scared, along with having some problems with my heart again (stress!). They want me in to test me for a condition called POTS  ::) , but I'm going to wait until we know what's going on with Mum. I'm praying to whatever/whoever is up there for everything to be good!

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2019, 06:59:20 AM »

Hope all goes well tomorrow with your mum.

Have you been on the POTS UK website? Lots of info on there for self help etc.

Taz x

weeamanda23

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2019, 05:03:37 PM »

Hope all goes well tomorrow with your mum.

Have you been on the POTS UK website? Lots of info on there for self help etc.

Taz x

Thanks Taz, I think everyone is very nervous but I'm just crossing my fingers.

I found it last night! I've been sick for a long time and was told it was in my head. It's overwhelming to suddenly be told it's probably a physical problem, but PoTS UK has been a massive help in understanding what's happening to me!  :o
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4