Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone else feel full of tension like PMT but im post menopause  (Read 1851 times)

warwick01

Hi Ladies

I'm now 60 years young and currently using 2 pumps of oestrogel with separate 7 day northisterone every 6 weeks.

The last few weeks I'm feeling tense all the time, like I could snap any minute. It feels like when I suffered PMT a couple of days prier to my period. Just cant relax..... flushes night sweats ok.

Anyone else?
Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone else feel full of tension like PMT but im post menopause
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 07:53:23 PM »

How's your diet?

Meg

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 08:14:26 PM »

Yes,  I am 64 and the feeling of tension is overwhelming.  Like the worse PMT ever only all the time.  Feelings of anxiety unbearable.  No end in site to flushing, the list of symptoms goes on and on!

Meg

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 09:16:38 PM »

Yes I feel the same have some awful days really anxious and ratty I'm 59 and have a patch of 50mcg oestrogen only thought it was supposed to get better 🙄

Karen max

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 11:41:03 PM »

Hi
Yes I feel the same for around 7days a month which is really bad ,(high anxiety and almost like a rage , then symptoms get less but it never fully leaves me , almost as if anxiety is on high alert for me
Kaz x

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 05:52:09 AM »

I felt like that on Femoston, was only on it for 3 months but had constant PMT, changed to Femseven patch and was fine, must have been the progesterone didn't suit me.

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 12:13:12 PM »

Hi CLKD - my diet is ok, try to watch what I eat. I do have a problem with alcohol :-\ I drink to help me relax. Usually 2 glasses of wine early evening, more at weekend. However I am trying to get this under control.

The tension, anxiety has does seem to be getting worse. Was sat in the haidressers this morning with my shoulders up to my ears, clenched teeth etc. When will this crap end??? for 9 years I have suffered various symptoms linked to the change.

One last point, my husband is starting to feel tense around me as he said im like a fire cracker waiting to explode. I am not the women he married, Im scared of loosing him too.

Thanks again ladies,let me know if you have ant tips??

Wx 

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 06:56:10 PM »

Hello  warwick01.

I am also nine years post menopause , using similar HRT and still dealing with this crap so you are not alone.

My symptoms come in waves, I can be irritable and tearful followed by heightened anxiety and a mild flush. I can then feel better and more normal but after a while the cycle begins again. To say I hate it is an understatement.

My daughter visited recently and chatting to her made me realise how much self confidence I have lost during this whole sorry episode.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help but I do sympathise.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 09:15:12 PM »

Alcohol may be your main problem.  Many find that it becomes difficult to tolerate, not many know why - HORMONES  >:(  ??? .......

PMT can be eased by eating every 3 hours.  Maybe jot down for 3 days/nights exactly what you eat and drink, even those nibbles whilst cooking to see what you intake.  When you eat, how hydrated you are.  Then think about whether you need to alter what you eat and substitute something - I use dried fruits and nuts, bananas, chocolate in small amounts; DH cooks lots of roasted veggies, with diced chicken/ginger/garlic ....... turmeric is the powder in the news right now which we use in Indian cooking.

warwick01

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 06:33:43 AM »

Hi ladies

Thanks for your replies. It helps when you know your not alone with all the crap that hormones can cause.

CLKD I will try giving your advice a go. I have been reading about alcohol withdrawal and it states you will get symptoms in the first few weeks when you stop due to a blood sugar crash. I know I have been drinking too much recently to relax. If I don't get my alcohol and myself sorted soon, I think my husband will walk as he isn't happy.

Kathleen Yes I remember we have suffered similar symptoms, What is your current HRT and is it helping with your anxiety?? I don't think I will ever go back to how I was pre menopause.

Take Care Wx

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »

Hello again ladies

Warwick01 -  I agree that we do seem to be very similar. I am currently laying on my bed because I feel  tense, anxious and down right miserable and I  don't want to inflict that on my husband who is downstairs. It's a pity that I can't escape it myself!

My HRT regime is two Oestrogel pumps daily and 100mcg of Utrogestan vaginally every night. I also take Venlafine,, an AD that is supposed to be good for the menopause and reducing flushes.

I also have irritability, tearfullness and mood swings which I never experienced prior to the menopause and all I recall of PMT is tender breasts.

I have kept a detailed diary over the course of my 'journey' and I can see that HRT has only helped with some symptoms, certainly not all. I suppose the question for the future is do we stick to a regime that is unsatisfactory or try and increase our dosage to a level that actually works even though that may bring other problems for example bleeding. Another option is to come off HRT altogether and see if our body settles and our hormones stabilise. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Take care.

K.