Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Worried sick now  (Read 7805 times)

allie007

Re: Worried sick now
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 06:01:48 AM »

Im just confused with everything. Some do tests, some don't. If they are that unreliable why do some test?
Despite talking to the GP I am still frightened by my result. He admitted again that he doesn't know much about HRT.
I did put a patch on yesterday but I didn't use the gel. Too scared now.. And is it normal that an FSH level can go from 60 to 11.9?
So fed up.

allie007

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 08:03:28 AM »

Hi Birdy

Only the hair but thats been since ive introduced Estrogel.
I have had a look at Nuffield and I think i will book another test x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 08:10:21 AM »

What is worrying you Allie?  Testing itself don't always give a 'good' reading.  Because hormones flex their muscles 24/7.

Is it the HRT that worries you?  Maybe think which symptom you would like to ease first and discuss with your Practice Nurse or GP?  Make notes ;-).

Your GP doesn't have to ask for blood tests if they aren't going to give a reading that can be worked on but symptoms can be talked about.  What a GP should do is listen and discuss the worries  ::) but because many know what is what, they still don't actually explain ...... I've sat by many a patient to explain what the SHO actually meant. 

Maybe make a double appt.?

allie007

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 08:53:00 AM »

Its the level, nearly 5000!
My GP said if I went private they wouldn't do a blood test, they wouod go on symptoms. He also said about reducing HRT and using SSRI's.

allie007

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 11:25:38 AM »

I feel fine.Well I did until yesterday.
I think i need  to do another test at Nuffield. But what if that is high again?

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »

I agree with Birdy.  When my cortisol levels for example woke me in the early hours I felt DREADFUL - I couldn't see further than the next 5 mins.  :'(.  When I had period pains, I could have walked into the sea I felt so ill.

Perhaps keeping a mood/food/symptom diary for 4 weeks will give you a clue as to what is/not working?  Some ladies find it useful to focus the health anxiety.  I have a phobia which can be all consuming .......... which grinds me into the ground sometimes  :'(

What symptom would you like to ease? 

If HRT is helping then go with that.  GPs really like anti-depressants because they are more likely to work more quickly than HRT.  Some do help symptoms such as anxiety.  But in general, if hormonal upheaval is causing symptoms enough to go to the GP, then hormone 'replacement' therapy should be discussed and offered.  But that can be Trial and Error in itself which is why a diary can be of use to both patient and care giver.

allie007

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 12:21:04 PM »

Thanks ladies,  you've been so helpful. I've been keeping a diary since April and the only issues seem to be sleep and tiredness. Mood is good.
The message that Thriva sent said that the high level could indicate ovarian cancer. Doc just said I was low risk and i had no bloating or weight loss so not to worry.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 12:23:53 PM by allie007 »

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 12:26:34 PM »

So maybe discuss this Company with 'overacome', the UK-based Charity dedicated to ovarian cancer survivors - certainly they should know about the possible wrong information being peddled by this 'company'.   

You can also ask what your risks actually are? 

Health anxiety can take over.  Which is why keeping notes is important, to reassure us that we are, actually, OK!

allie007

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 03:14:41 PM »

Ive just picked up my blood results from last February 2018 from GP.
 Sorry if a stupid question but  can FSH and LH levels change so dramatically? These were done before i started HRT.
FSH  60.7
LH  31.5
TSH  1.25
T4   13.4

Results from Thriva
FSH   11.9
LH   10.8
TSH   1.32
T4  15.5

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 03:27:39 PM »

I think that the NHS results are ones to rely upon.  I have contacted 'ovacome' as though I had bought the blood test and they are not aware of 'Thriva' but have sent me guidelines regarding the ovarian cancer risk factors.

So I think you can put that Company on the back burner? 

Hopefully you are less worried? 

12 months is a long while in the history of hormonal blood tests which is why many practitioners don't suggest taking blood ...... [see previous comment  ;)].

allie007

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 07:27:09 PM »

Thank you CLKD 😚
To be honest no. Ive booked another blood test with Nuffield so am hoping I can get that done next week.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2019, 08:27:58 PM »

Which blood tests would you ask for though?  Let us know how you get on.  What do you expect to be suggested regarding the results?

allie007

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2019, 08:38:49 PM »

Ive only asked for oestradiol. I've been going through the forum on and off all day and I haven't come across anyone with results as high as mine.
Should I ask for the other tests to be done again too?

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »

Who will you see prior to having blood taken?  You should have a discussion with someone for advice otherwise you could go back and forwards for months without resolution.

allie007

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »

A GP. It said on the website someone will ring me in the next 24 hours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5