Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Urogestran  (Read 3284 times)

juliemargaret

Re: Urogestran
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 09:47:28 PM »

Hi Lou..just found your chat...im.relatively new hrt.3 weeks.tomorrow...2 pumps estro.and 100mg.vag Utro.on alternate days.....had a bleed.on day 6.for 3.days but nowt since. Been ok..ish. bit tired here and there...espec.today! Woke and by 11am.wanted to sleep. Posted aboit this today. No big problems apart.from.that and.feeling rather flat....my mood...although inwas aware.and just.took a nice breath and reminded myself early days. Did it take you long to feel.good?.energy levels and mood? I know were all different...just interested is all. Im.peri.and was.told to.do this regime bit did wonder why not sequi...but will see how go. Would love to hear back. Already had some great.responses and reassurances but nice to see some others on similar regimes that I can ask. X

juliemargaret

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 09:50:35 PM »

Oh...i disnt know.progestetone was steroid based?!?!  I dislike steroids in any form! Is weight gain inevitable?!

Tracey E

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 11:01:49 PM »

Tracey..keep in touch,let me know how you get on...I initially tried patches but wouldn't stick as as was so clammy all the time!! This regime suits me fine now...no joint pain,better mood so am told lol ,no indigestion (due to oestrogen levels) sleep like a log.. If you can persevere, it will  be worth it .

Hi Lou, so glad you're feeling better. :) Will keep you posted. X

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 08:26:31 PM »

Oh...i disnt know.progestetone was steroid based?!?!  I dislike steroids in any form! Is weight gain inevitable?!

All our sex hormones and some other hormones are steroids. A steroid is just the name given to certain classes of biological compounds with a particular structure so no need to be alarmed! Vitamin D and cholesterol are steroids as are all our sex hormones as well as cortisol to give a few examples. Progesterone that you are taking as part of HRT is bio-identical ie the same molecule as we make in our own bodies so not like synthetic steroids used by body builders, or as anti-eczema creams.

I'm also puzzled as to why you are on this rather than sequi - but maybe if you are fairly early peri and still having periods quite often albeit irregular - because you are producing your own progesterone - this added prog may well be suffucient to protect your womb lining from the additional oestrogen you are taking. Also because it is giving you an even amount it will prevent some of the extreme symptoms of progesterone withdrawal that characterise pms  along with oestrogen crash) so will kepp your hormones on more of an even keel and maybe therefore prevent the extremes of mood swings. However if you end up feeling rough on the prog this might outweigh the advantages?

Best to monitor it and see if it abates (tiredness)  - and if not go back to the doc and discuss how to change your regime so you feel better overall :)

Hurdity x

Mary G

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2019, 04:13:37 PM »

Birdy, you are so right.   I used to think I was the most progesterone intolerant person on earth but if you take the right type at the right dose it is hugely beneficial and it actually complements oestrogen.

Since taking 50mg progesterone every day, I am bleed free and have managed to achieve the much needed hormonal stability needed to combat migraines.   

racjen

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2019, 05:42:34 PM »

Mary G, that's great news - which progesterone are you on?

Kathleen

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2019, 07:31:24 PM »

Hello ladies.

This is probably a stupid question but how do we produce  progesterone when we are no longer ovulating and creating a corpus luteum every month? I always assumed that progesterone would be non existent in post menopausal women for this reason.

Take care all.

K.

kdee69

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 05:59:48 AM »

Just chipping in on the weight gain “thing”. I have put on half a stone since taking Progesterone. I don't drink alcohol, eat sugar or processed foods ( sugar obviously exists in a million forms but you get my drift) I have cut out salt and all refined white flour and that belly it keeps on growing 🙄😢😢. I exercise moderately three times a week. I even use a standing desk. There's nothing else I can give up ffs 🤣🤣. I have just had to accept that I'll never have a body like Halle Berry but at least I don't feel like I did before being on HRT. Plus I've “trained” my husband to tell me I look amazing 😂😂😂

Loulou1960

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 07:04:19 PM »

Ladies,all very interesting comments...for those who don't believe HRT puts on a little weight are probably the ones who haven't!! It seems from this forum many of you on HRT have gained weight.,hence progesterone and the link with steroid. (I just eat less now)
Just to say I believe urogestran  does cause me to get tired and I do sleep  very well...but rather be like this then be wide awake with hot flushes ,waking up every half an hour.

juliemargaret

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 07:51:06 PM »

Hi all...ive noticed something whilst on my alternate day utro regime...not sure im.imagining it but....

The morning/day after i inserted my utro vaginally....i dont feel.bad at all..
.mood seems.ok......lighter ..not as tired...BUT.....the morning /day after i HAVENT had my utro..i feel poo! Feel real moody and like i did prior....like an awarenenss of myself feeling rubbish....very irritable...overwhelmed....impatient...ALL the feels. I dont bother anyone....like i said im aware of it and just tell myself itll pass. I dont know if this is just temp...ie..my body adjusting as only nearly 4 weeks on this regime (and daily estrogel x2pumps)....but seems a bit of a coincedence. Its like my body and me operate better on progesterone morn after eve utro days than i do non utro eves before..if im.making sense!! Im hoping its a coincedence.....and im just up n down whilst i adjust....not sure in the mood for alternate day feeling crap and moods that make me feel im getting nowhere fast!! (The tupe of moods and overwhelment .irritability etc that made me seek hrt in the first place!!)
Any thoughts Hurdity x
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:53:24 PM by juliemargaret »

juliemargaret

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »

Hi birdy
Ohh i dont know. Its overwhelming eh. If this is what its to be....alternwte days feeling crap then  this isnt for me. I dont know...im.moaning i know but again questioning if i even should have bothered. I was so long on a natural.course.....i dont even know now where i am.with my periods. I feel ive messed everythibg up..my natural progression. Sorry for ranting. X
Pages: 1 [2]