Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Early menopause  (Read 848 times)

Andy M

Early menopause
« on: May 22, 2019, 07:09:21 PM »

Hi everyone,
I am 43 and have just been told I'm going through the menopause and my doctor has recommended HRT. Have you lovely ladies got any advice, stories etc,etc.
Thanks in advance xxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Early menopause
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 08:23:50 PM »

Hi Andy M.  :welcomemm:

Ask anything you like, there's always someone on to offer advice, we're all knowledgeable in one way or another....
The one thing I can tell you is, if the first hrt regime doesn't suit you, don't give up, there's a lot of options for you to try....hopefully, you'll get one that works well for you first time, if not go back to docs and get another....

Good luck...let us know how your getting on......xxx

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 08:39:24 PM »

My old pal hit menopause in her mid 30s she went on to patches and is still on them nearly 20 years later but like Jill says,what works for one maybe doesn't for the next person,trial and error I suppose
Oh and welcome 👋👋

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 08:58:41 PM »

Hi

I have been on hrt since I was 32, I'm now 52

I had a hysterectomy and they accidentally severed the blood supply to my ovaries

Hrt tablet worked wonders for 13 years then I was hit with new symptoms, have since tried patches etc and now on gels x
X

Rosie77

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 09:24:06 PM »

Hi Andy M!  I will be 42 in a couple months...dealing with awful symptoms for the past 2 years, right after stopping birth control pills. Finally found a good obgyn and she tested my FSH and it was through the roof.   I have been on HRT since March. low dose .05 Estradiol patch and recently switched to 200mg progesterone pill on days 1-14 because I was getting withdrawal bleeds every other week and hellacious PMS in between.  I am still a newbie, but am hoping it can help me! We are in a new age and I think women are going through this mess earlier than what most drs think!  Best of luck to you! :)

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 05:44:41 AM »

Good morning Andy M

:welcomemm:

Hopefully you'll find something to help has your doctor made any suggestions ?

Lanzalover x