Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Increasing my hrt dose  (Read 573 times)

Charlie62

Increasing my hrt dose
« on: May 22, 2019, 06:59:41 PM »

Hi, I have been using the everol conti patch for about 6 months (maybe a bit longer, time flies by so quickly) I have been ok but for the last week I have been feeling really down & tearful. Feel like I'm in a hole I can't get out of. Iv also noticed i have lost some hair which I posted on here last week,  thinning & patchy plus my hair is very dry. My gp has sent me for some blood tests but I was wondering if I should/can add add an extra half of a patch. Would that be too much. I'm going away for a week and I'm dreading feeling like this. Any advice would be gratefully received

Dotty

Re: Increasing my hrt dose
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 07:08:35 PM »

Evorel Conti patches only gone in one strength . If you add another half a patch you will probably be getting too much progesterone.

If you want to increase oestrogen then it's best to move onto Oestrogen only patches or Oestrogel with Utrogestan for the progesterone x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 01:05:14 PM »

I am one of those human guinea pig experimenters.....
I have had all sorts of combo's over the last 6 months- pretty good apart from getting rid of one of the worst symptoms constant heat and night sweats, sooo cut a long story short I went back to the original femeston 1/10- no point taking higher dose stuff if it didn't work,
BUT THEN - I found a evorel 100mcg patch pack in the cupboard and slapped that on as well and guess what- for the first time in months I have had 2 dry nights and the heat is calming down.
Now I just need to ‘persuade' my gp that I evidently need almost 4 mgs of oestrogen!
I wonder if anyone has ever taken such doses and if so for how long ( I am peri)

allie007

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 02:16:18 PM »

Ive been doing 100 Estradot patch and sneaking in a pump of gel every now and then without my GP knowing since December. Only admitted it last week when I started to run out of gel and he did give me a prescription for more  :) and has referred me to a gyni clinic x