Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: On fire! Help  (Read 670 times)

Sgtvhilts

On fire! Help
« on: May 21, 2019, 08:33:58 AM »

Hi Folks,
Been peri for a while. Been on different hrt's now settling with femeston 1/10 sequi.
BUT
One thing that still remains a huge problem is the internal heat. Wow. It doesn't come and go like I would expect a flush too, it is there pretty much all the time.  I barely sweat in the day, but boy at night it is like a tsunami, which again is bad because it wakes me up every 2 hours or so. Right now my thighs feel like I am laying under a sun lamp, they are on fire but the skin feels cool.

I have tried higher oestrogen but didn't seem to make any difference, I have also had every blood test under the sun - thyroid, blood sugar etc- all normal.

Anyone out there with any thoughts

Dotty

Re: On fire! Help
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:00:34 AM »

Sounds like you need more oestrogen. Have you tried Oestrogel? X

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »

Do you think it is oestrogen related then?
I have some patches left over , so slapped an evorel 100 on last night as well as the femeston - we'll see.....

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 10:02:19 AM »

You need to increase slowly and give the increase time to work . A 100 patch on top of Femoston is a big jump x

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 11:59:19 AM »

I occasionally get that "on fire" feeling but I get it down my shins mainly and they seem to get quite red. Same as you Sgtvhilts, I get it at night when it occurs and it wakes me. I think it's actually some sort of reaction that would come under a general heading of "hives" but I haven't worked out what causes it yet because it is so random and intermittent but not frequent.  I tried creams in case the skin was dry, I tried wet cold flannels to cool - that didn't work but antihistimines work.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 08:24:07 PM »

Thanks ladybird- but mind is a permanent feature >:(hence desperate measures as a human guinea pig
Update
Okay- have had the 100mcg patch on for 24 hrs and the heat seems to be calming down!!!!
This is a massive dose- surely I can't need that much!!!
It's about 4mgs orally- has anyone taken this much, if so for how long.
Very hungry though- must watch the biscuits!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:47:35 PM by Sgtvhilts »

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »

D

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 05:08:45 PM »

Hi you need as much as you need to stop the symptoms. Some ladies use 6 pumps of gel which is equivalent to 4mg x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 01:10:38 PM »

Thanks for that.
My experiment seems to be working!
1 mgs orally and a 100mcg patch. Had it on for 4 days and have had , for the first time in nearly a year 2 dry nights yay.
I can't believe I need that much considering that no treatment comes in that strength and my oestrogen blood was 1198!!!
What is the general consensus on taking that much and also how long . I will reduce probably after a year I think
All that remains is persuading my gp that this level is working........ although she does know i'm An experimenter. Fingers crossed.