Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Does vaginal Utrogetan effect vaginal atrophy  (Read 928 times)

pepperminty

Does vaginal Utrogetan effect vaginal atrophy
« on: May 21, 2019, 06:10:31 AM »

Hi ladies,

does taking utro vaginally have a detrimental effect if you have vaginal atrophy. Can it make it worse or cause more soreness etc?

Peppermintyx

pepperminty

Re: Does vaginal Utrogetan effect vaginal atrophy
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 07:25:42 AM »

Hi Birdy,

I was just wondering what the physical cons were if taken the vaginal route , if it could cause irritation etc. Thanks for the reply- I wonder if utro vaginally makes thrush worse?

PMX

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 09:29:24 AM »

Oh dear Birdy,

you have had a hard time of it. I too am feeling anxiety creeping back and am suffering from lack of sleep, constantly foggy headed, I get the feeling that my HRT has stopped working properly. So I am trying to look for options, which is a long process. Stress makes everything worse. I hope I am having a blip, but my gut tells me otherwise. I remember the exhaustion I had before HRT and I am getting the same. Increasing the estrogen on the one I am on causes terrible bleeds and I get too emotional.

PMX

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »

Yep my diet is good, no process food, 3 squares of dark chocolate 2 nights a week, no alcohol, just water. I try to eat protien instead of carbs and have healthy carbs as much as possible. I used to have the dizzy spells after eating, apparently that can be a sign of low blood pressure which I did have.

PMX

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »

I have an appointment at the local meno clinic , so I will take it from there. Normally they ask for bloods to check there is nothing else going on first. Defo coming back as a man.x

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 04:39:12 PM »

Hi stellajane, during the meno putting anything up there can cause a reaction I agree, just wondering how many of us have had one.

Night_Owl

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 07:35:44 PM »

Hi pepperminty

As we know, we're all different however in my experience - YES vag Utro did make atrophy worse (even at lower 100mg) - burning, itching, redness - also bladder aggravation - and upset the natural flora/balance of the vag.  Vagifem, Ovestin and Oestradiol cream wasn't that great. 

I could never have considered taking Utro conti, not only due to vag irritation but also the increased depression, it would absorb immediately systemically affecting neurotransmitters/serotonin levels and build up horribly in my system.  In spite of it supposedly being 'local' absorption in the vag, it clearly is not in certain cases.

But that's just (unfortunate) me - I have discovered over time that I'm super-sensitive to micro doses of *any* hormone treatment - and I'm 'not the norm'.  Lucky me eh.

Some women may use more Vagifem in the lead up to and during taking vag Utro to reduce Utro absorption - that never worked for me - plus who wants to keep shoving all these different hormones up there.  Over years, it becomes exhausting.

HRT is great for those who it works for - however there are large numbers of women for whom any type of HRT simply does not work and one can spend *many* years trying different combos - all to no avail.

I'm trialling a year off HRT - I find sea buckthorn oil and high strength fish oil keep VA under control.

Sorry for any negativity - just saying it how it is. 

pepperminty

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 05:29:14 AM »

Hi Night owl ,

not negative just honest! I too am sensitive to small increases. It is all rather exhausting, are you feeling any better being off the HRT? If the V is already sensitive a reaction makes sense. It is a shame about the local estrogen also having a negative effect for you.

PMX