Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: This may be a very silly question regarding vaginal Utro!  (Read 516 times)

Elmsey

This may be a very silly question regarding vaginal Utro!
« on: May 20, 2019, 10:20:05 PM »

Hello All,

Been taking OEstrogel and Utrogestan.  Tried to latter orally and stopped as I felt awful.  Started to take it vaginally about 16 days ago (after a week break).  today I started to bleed.  Not sure why, but that is not my question.

Surely if I try to take the Utro vaginally with a bleed it will not be absorbed?  Tonight I have take it orally, but dont really want to go down that route again.

Should have said I am on 2/3 pumps and supposed to be taking it contnuosly.

Ladybt28

Re: This may be a very silly question regarding vaginal Utro!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 11:30:49 PM »

There are no silly questions Elmsley.  The reason why you had a bleed was because you started and stopped the utro for a week. Your body was unbalanced from the continuous regime and so it decided to shed the womb lining.
How long since you started the continuous gel and utrogestan?

Orally it can be a problem as it can cause stomach issues plus it is processed by the liver that's why some of us who are sensitive to progesterone use it vaginally.  I use it vaginally but on a cycle so I expect to bleed despite the fact I am post meno aged 57 and should be able to manage continuous.  However I can't take it that way so I am happy to bleed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 08:08:45 AM »

Nothing is silly or taboo on here  ;)

Elmsey

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:26:15 AM »

Thanks Birdy,  Will try tonight.  I di not take it last night because taking it orally made me feel so shit yesterday!