Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I'm so scared feel I'm dying  (Read 4452 times)

lisa_w

I'm so scared feel I'm dying
« on: May 20, 2019, 09:11:50 PM »

This is so irrational I know..but between one thing and another I'm in a state and dont know where to turn
I have stomach issues which lately have started in my chest and throat to...going on for a good few weeks now. But my hormones have kicked and everything's getting worse.
I'm at home alone  with a 7 and 8 year old ( husband works off shore) and terrified I'm going to have a heart attack 😭😭😭
Honestly can perimenopause make you really feel like your dying! The anxiety is crippling...just so hard to keep calm
Sorry just needed to put it down somewhere xx

Anjia

Re: I'm so scared feel I'm dying
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:31:05 PM »

Anxiety is the most awful part of menopause go to your gp and have some blood tests done I'm sure you will be fine and have peace of mind at least, there is help out there please dont suffer alone .

AgathaC

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »

You poor thing.
Look at the anxiety support thread and all the other anxiety related posts.
You will then understand how many of us live with anxiety every day.
No, it's not normal, but it is definitely commonplace on here.
Try and keep calm. It's tough being without another adult. Makes you feel lonely. You're never alone here xxx

lisa_w

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 09:54:39 PM »

Aww thank you both so much for replying...I spend all day rationalising but at night I get really frightened...I hate being on my own  with the girls just incase !
Thanks again xxx

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 11:38:40 PM »

Yes meno can make you feel like your dying and your not alone here Lisa_W.
And you are not being irrational or imagining it, its very real, you poor thing especially trying to deal with this all alone.
Together with the palpitations and the random panic attacks, the paranoia, I felt like I had something lodged in my thoat.  All the things you describe are common. and no you are not going to have a heart attack, just feels like you are and it's a real bummer!
Children aged 7 and 8?  You sound quite young? or did you have them later in life?  What I am asking, if you don't mind Lisa (don't answer if you don't want to) is it early menopause, does it run in your family?  Has this only just started?
Tell us about yourself. xx

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 05:57:39 AM »

Hi,

Anxiety is one of the major issues with peri menopause, and stomach issues are common place. There are lots of things you can do to help. Have you got an NHS councelling service near you, usually you can refer yourself or go through your GP. They can have support for anxiety etc, and sometimes it is helpful to talk to someone. Do you have any good friends or family you can get support from?

Can you get a check up at your GP to make sure that you are not low in Vit D, iron etc.

Look through previous threads here and you will see that you are not alone.  It must be hard coping as your husband is away.

Have you considered HRT? Louise Newson has someuseful information on her website.  https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/menopause/menopause-and-depression.   

Peppermintyx                                                                                                                                                               

Letmein

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 07:15:25 AM »

Oh yes it does! I was absolutely convinced I was dying 18 months ago. So many scary symptoms, panic attacks that appeared just like fits, fainting and the rest.

It took an mri and... Not dying after 6 months to start believing that I really wasn't. The symptoms have significantly reduced but more importantly, whrn they still hit me out of the blue, I know it's normal so though still distressing I am not so scared of them as I was before making the experience more bearable.

It's awful whrn you're on your own, talking about it really helps. Have you have family or frirnds you can share how you feel?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 08:05:35 AM »

:bighug:

Make a list of what you deal with on a daily/nightly basis
Is your husband aware of your worries?
Get a BP monitor and take your blood pressure B4 you eat each morning and keep a note
Eat little and often as when the body is hungry it can go into high anixeyt mode  >:(
Do you have support for the children at all?

Rosie63

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 01:23:01 PM »

Hi lisa_w.  I have been suffering with something similar to you recently and have also been worried that it could be my heart.  However, I gave myself a good talking to last night because I actually think the discomfort in my chest and throat went through to my back and I believe that this can be either indigestion or heartburn.  I can understand why you feel anxious and I'm not saying yours could be the same as mine but perhaps it could be something to consider.  I took some Milk of Magnesia last night and it's not quite so bad today.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Rosie63 x

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 02:35:30 PM »

Just for your peace of mind and to stop you worrying about the children you could make sure they know what to do in an emergency, how to use the phone, who to call. I'm not suggesting anything is going to happen, like the others I think it's meno symptoms, but it might be one less thing to worry about. I'd suggest a chat with your gp too.

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 03:12:20 PM »

Lisa when I started peri I was referred to every clinic at the hospital I think as my sudden onset of symptoms affected nearly every part of my body.  It really can make you feel as if you're going mad or you are dying.  X

JaneinPen

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 03:59:28 PM »

lisa_w you are not dying but your anxiety is real.  I too had your issues with a husband travelling a lot and being left with our girls. It terrified me. Palpitations. Pounding heart. Awful thought. Thinking they were going to die or I was. He had always travelled and it never bothered me before meno.  As some of the ladies said.  Look on the anxiety threads and see what advice they offer.  I found if I put music on very low then it would eventually settle me at night time (always the worst time)  :bighug:

Foxylady

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 05:40:37 PM »

CLKD mentioned writing a list of symptoms etc, if you go onto the Rockmymenopause website they have menopause diary sheets you can print off with numbers and symptoms down the side which you write down under each day. I came across it and printed a few for myself, ended up with my colleagues wanting copies too!! I have been filling it in, I think it will help me see if/when there is improvement in my symptoms when HRT kicks in but also useful to take with me to GP to support what I am feeling & helpful if you are as forgetful as me!! ;D

lisa_w

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 09:25:57 PM »

Hi everyone just seen all these replys..I will reply properly tomorrow just going to try and sleep but just wanted
Thank you all so much for taking the time for your messages  I truly appreciate it 💖💖
Lisa xx

AgathaC

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »

Do as Herdwick says and put on the radio. I actually find a talk station better than music xx