Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Update part 2  (Read 543 times)

SuzieD

Update part 2
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:41:09 PM »

Hi ladies.

Well, where do I start? After having a hell of a time last month, I went back to my gp and begged her to send me back up to gynae so I can ask for a partial hysterectomy. Drastic I know, but after 14 years of pain and horrific periods, I've had enough. I honestly think I've been misdiagnosed as peri. I have no symptoms, bar the one time I missed two periods in a row. My GP actually diagnosed me by checking my symptoms on Google. After seeing a lovely lady consultant on Thursday, I'm now on Triptorelin to shut down my ovaries, stop the periods, pain and hopefully help shrink the fibroid I have. Has anyone else been on this injection before, and did it help you at all?

ElkWarning

Re: Update part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:05:58 PM »

I haven't been on that ... but I did spend 10 years going backwards and forwards to the doctors about my periods (very very heavy).  For reasons best known to themselves, they told me all sorts of stuff (you feel bad because you're dehydrated, because you're anxious, every woman thinks her periods are heavy).  To cut a long story short, a friend finally talked some sense into me and made me demand that they investigate properly, at which point they discovered I had some sort of abnormality and my womb was connected to my main blood supply and I was literally haemorrhaging every month.  I was in hospital within days, had an endometrial ablation and a mirena coil fitted, then I was kind of ok.

Stick to your guns.  Don't be fobbed off.  It's your body.  You can do whatever you want with your own womb, including electing for a hysterectomy.

Best wishes with it all.  Sorry to hear it's been such a touch jog.