Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Unable to get hold of hrt  (Read 889 times)

Spaceytracey

Unable to get hold of hrt
« on: May 20, 2019, 12:22:50 PM »

Hi - just after some advice please. I'm 45 and been in Peri for about 3 years - lots of symptoms that come and go so gp prescribed hrt about 9 months ago - struggled with progesterone in elleste duet so now on femston 1/10 ... things better although not perfect - I can live with that ! ;D ... just gone to get repeat prescription and cannot get hold of it anywhere !!! Will need to go back to gp but wondered if you lovely ladies have any suggestions as gp can be a bit hit or miss !!  This forum has been a godsend the last few years as I honestly thought I was going mad !! Thank you !! Xx

pepperminty

Re: Unable to get hold of hrt
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 02:28:46 PM »

Hi, can the chemist order it? As far as I am aware they have not discontinued it. It is always best to get a repeat prescrition well in advance in case there are issues.

Pepperminty x

Spaceytracey

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »

Thanks pepperminty !
Chemist can't even order it in for me - apparently they are all really struggling to get hold
Of it and have no idea when it will become available. Looking at the info on here femston seems to be the only hrt with that type of progesterone? Unsure if patches would
Be suitable - really don't want to change in case things go downhill again !

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 06:07:00 AM »

Oh crikey,

I am on Femosten too, but have enough for a couple of months. Mylan Products Limited. ... Address. 20 Station Close, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 1TL, UK. Medical Information Direct Line. +44 (0)1707 853000, are the manufacturers I think. So maybe give them a call and ask what is going on, or even ask the chemist to do it. And yes no other HRT here has that progesterone. Chopping and changing when you have one that suits you isn't great. Let me know if you get an answer.

PMX

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 08:20:04 AM »

Hi Just called the pharma company- there are no issues with supply and they advised that your chemist calls them. They said that they are producing rather a lot due to demand and not so many alternatives at the moment.

PMX

Spaceytracey

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

Thank you so much for that info !! I will get chemist to give them a call - at least I am getting 6 month supply this time and  know in future to allow plenty of time ..... just in case 😁 xx

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 04:40:11 PM »

No worries, I hope you get some soon. x