Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Kliofem or kliovance  (Read 4828 times)

Pmj 28

Kliofem or kliovance
« on: May 17, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »

Hi ladies, been on Elleste duet 2mg 7 month have 1 month lefted .now no longer available the pharmacy  said the only two available where kliofem and kliovance but don't know which one would be best for me .this is the second time I had to change HRT because the others where no longer available
Doctors not that good and the ladie doctor that knows all about this does not like HRT
Have read about both of them but not sure which one would be best. I have been in  prei for over 4 years I still have periods every 26/28 days very light did try with out HRT doctor told me to come off them had stomach problems but after 3 weeks had too go back on them that's when I was put on elleste duet 2mg , any ladies on here take these HRT and how are you on them
Take care
Paula
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:22:36 AM by Pmj 28 »

Hurdity

Re: Kliofem or kliovance
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »

Hi Pmj 28

Your post got missed....

If you are still getting regular periods on HRT them then are you on Elleste Duet conti or the one with different tablets for part of the month?  If you are taking the one with different tabs ie the cyclical type then the same one is Clinorette 2 mg.

If you have been taking the Elleste Duet conti then as above Kliofem is the one to choose as this is exactly the same dose of oestrogen and progestogen as the Elleste you have been taking ie 2 mg estradiol and 1 mg norethisterone (the progestogen). Kliovance is half the dose.

If you have digestive problems with tablet HRT then patches or gel are preferred.

Hurdity x

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 05:28:52 AM »

Thank you Hurdity , will Wright them down and them take too the doctors and see what they say ,your body just get used to them and then you have to change .
Take care
Paula

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 10:09:10 AM »

Pmj - you may not be ready for a continuous hrt and therefore need the equivalent of Elleste Duet 2mg x

kenny

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »

Hi , my existing HRT Angelique has now been withdrawn, I've now been given Kliovance, I'm dreading stating a new tablet as it took so long to find one that suited me. Help

Pmj 28

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 06:21:29 AM »

Hi ladies back to doctors about different HRT, try to get clinorette but can't get them been given kliofem as they have the same hormone in them and the same does
I am on my period and read in the leaflet to start after period has Finnished, has any one been on elleste duet the ones with 2 tablets in them and now on kliofem,
Thank you

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 06:26:17 AM »

Hi Kliofem is a continuous hrt for post menopause so not suitable if you are in peri menopause. X

Trisequens is the same as Elleste Duet 2mg Or Femoston is similar x
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:28:01 AM by Dotty »

Pmj 28

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 06:43:28 AM »

Hi Dotty, told the doctor I was still having periods but still gave me kliofem,
Just so confused was given femseven conti 2 years ago was ok on them still had a period where abit all over the place  :-\
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:47:22 AM by Pmj 28 »

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 06:49:13 AM »

Hi you will get a lot of breakthrough bleeding if you take a continuous hrt when you are still in peri menopause. It states in the leaflet that you should only use Kliofem if you are 12 months without a period x

Pmj 28

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 09:37:40 AM »

Hi ladies started kliofem last week feel unwell back pain hot flushes and my anxiety have breakthrough bleeding did not go to work on Wednesday with how I feel, I don't know if I will make it this afternoon
I rang doctors this morning too tell them how I feel and said that I did not know if I would be best on the HRT that has 2 tablets in them just wating for them too get back to me
Was doing ok till I started kliofem
Just when I think I am doing ok I have to change HRT because I can't get the ones I am on this will be the third time this has happened,I am prei menopause >:( :'(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:01:43 AM by Pmj 28 »

Pmj 28

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 07:24:08 AM »

Doctors rang told too stop see how I go if I started too feel better then have too try them again and see if my symptoms come back if so have too go back too the doctors and see what they say .
Going to look up HRT and see if I can find ones that are good for prei menopause
Going too take it doctors and see what happens.

Dotty

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 07:46:21 AM »

Try Oestrogel and Utrogestan on a cyclical basis x