Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Vagifem side effect?  (Read 5962 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem side effect?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 09:06:38 AM »

We are a Mine of Info on here  :thankyou:

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 12:54:51 PM »

Hello Ladies, I've been using Vagifem for the last 4 weeks to help with recurring UTIs. I'm just starting my 3rd week of every other night dosage of 10mcg. So far the Vagifem has been successful as I've not had a UTI. However, over the last few days I have been very itchy around the labia and vagina opening, which I've not experienced before. I also have some discharge. I've been applying multi gyn which has helped to calm things down but I'm still itchy. Could this be a reaction to the Vagifem? Should I persevere with using Vagifem? Any advice welcome.  Thank you
I have had a an itchy patch on the labia  which has increased since starting Vagifem (no discharge seen) but I don't think it is a causal effect because I first had the  itchiness around the start of peri and years before using Vagifem. I think it is more likely to be caused by the drop in oestrogen. I am using Olive and Bee and also a spare tube of Estriol on it. I have a GP appt. next week just to check it as a precaution. I also had an examination by a uro-gynaecologist only 6 months ago.

Joaniepat

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 01:08:02 PM »

Katejo, have you been checked for lichen sclerosis?
JP x

Tc

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 01:30:42 PM »

Is the patch white katejo?

I thought that local eastrogen encouraged the tissues to create their own moisture. Ithat ithe "eastrogenised tissue would lubricate itself somewhst say during sexual arousal.s that not right? 

Maybe the blood levels of E need to be a decent level too. I definitely read in a trial (cant remember where, I've read so much most of it's a blur) but I do remember it saying that levels should be above 250 pmol to treat VA symptoms.

maybe there is a "ladder of symptoms" and the lower rungs like hot flushes need less systemic eastrogen to resolve than the higher ones like anxiety/depression and VA.  It would explain why some ladies  find a resolution of physical symptoms on a pretty low dose but not VA. Just a thought.

I definitely notice (still have uterus and cervix) that I have no cervical mucus anymore. Does raising E levels restore this. Not sure how the mechanism works but I used to have a "healthy" discharge with definite clear mucus and it kept things comfortable  I have no discharge at all now.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »

I have one area that itches often.  Never looked at it.  It hasn't altered over the years.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 01:58:52 PM »

Interesting Birdy - I think we are a bit behind the times in the UK. DG x

Katejo

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 02:05:27 PM »

Katejo, have you been checked for lichen sclerosis?
JP x
A uro gynaecologist did an examination  a few months ago and didn't find any problem then. As I said above, I have a GP appt.. next week. Whether the GP will know about Lichen Sclerosis I don't know. I saw the Uro gynaecologist again in April and mentioned the increased itching but she wasn't concerned. I also have a meno clinic follow up appt. Very soon so may ask about it there.

Tc

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »

Good luck katejo I hope you get some answers.

itching is so distracting. And   uncomfortable isnt it. It makes me feel like I want to keep washing. i Used some KY when I ran out of "yes" and it itched like crazy , never has before. 

Tc

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 03:40:07 PM »

I didnt know that. I've never had problem with it before but havent used for a while. guess I'm more sensitive to the fillers nowadays.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2019, 04:07:16 PM »

I've never had problems with KY ;-).  It is used in Hospitals etc..  My itchy patch isn't bothersome all the while, but sometimes I want to get a needle up there  :o  ::)

Joaniepat

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 04:52:13 PM »

itching is so distracting. And   uncomfortable isnt it. It makes me feel like I want to keep washing. i Used some KY when I ran out of "yes" and it itched like crazy , never has before. 
That will learn you, Tc! Stick to Yes or Olive & Bee. Sylk and emu oil are OK too. In an emergency, try olive oil until you can get further supplies of proper moisturiser.

JP x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 06:18:31 PM »

Crikey - olive oil back in the medicine cabinet?  Emu oil  :-\ ?

Katejo

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 06:25:21 PM »

Mine doesn't itch all the time. Urine irritates  it  but once I have applied Oljve & Bee or Estriol, it does calm down

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 07:13:57 PM »

R U drinking enough if urine burns? 

Tc

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2019, 07:33:07 PM »

If you're sore, drinking loads of water will dilute the urine so it stings less. I sometimes use the cystitis powder sachets. They sort of neutralise the acid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4