Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: sudden hair loss  (Read 14836 times)

jaycee

Re: sudden hair loss
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 10:16:07 PM »

Looking through the side effects it says itching is a rare side effect,up to 1 in 1000 women,the active substance is Tibilone,[but doesnt say what Tibilone actually is] it contains potato starch,lactosemonohydrate.ascorbylpalminate.and magnesium stearate,,
Livialis different from other HRT,INSTEAD OF ACTUAL HORMONES SUCH AS OESTROGEN AND PROGESTERONE IT CONTAINS TIBILONE,IT SAYS "YOUR BODY BREAKS DOWN TIBILONE TO MAKE HORMONES,ITS EFFECTS AND BENEFITS ARE SIMILIAR TO COMBINED HRT" Sorry just realised caps was on
I was still havinf hot flushes and particularly night sweats, which is why my Dr put me back on this
The itching only started long after staring on livial
Livial is also good for strengthening bones
I am sure i read somewhere that it can [maybe] cause hair loss, but not been able to find this on the leaflet or anywhere else now

Annie0710

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »

*Annie* first signs of what? hair loss,?

Hi Jaycee

Itching was a first sign of menopause, all over body itching like ants crawling over me

First symptom of hair shedding/thinning for me was scalp itching.  It was soon after I noticed how much hair was dropping during washing, brushing etc x

jaycee

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2019, 10:20:07 PM »

Oh right thank you., well i am well post menopause, but i thought the itching could be connected with the livial, but i had been taking it for about 18 months by then, it does say in the leaflet that it is rare and can affect only 1 in 1000,
Anyway will see what the Dr says on monday, but i do think the scalp itching started the hair loss,it itches now sometimes but nothing like it was, as you say it was like something crawling in my hair
Has your recovered Annie?
I am confused about testosterone,i thought was high that caused hair loss, but yesterday i read it was low T that caused hair loss
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 10:25:09 PM by jaycee »

Annie0710

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2019, 03:22:19 PM »

Low T can cause hair loss too !
I had all the symptoms of low T and the hair shedding was really upsetting me so I guessed I had nothing to lose by trying T.   

Mine has really settled.  The hair became much more manageable on T and now it seems to be thickening up a tad.  I still have fine hair but it looks thicker than actually is x

jaycee

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »

Oh dear,its very confusing isn;t it, maybe the Dr will do a test,i will ask about it, i think they just give you anything and hope it works,
I have never had a test for hormones, but i don;t think livial has much oestrogen in it, so maybe not the right mix of each
Thank you,

Annie0710

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2019, 10:33:12 PM »

Oh dear,its very confusing isn;t it, maybe the Dr will do a test,i will ask about it, i think they just give you anything and hope it works,
I have never had a test for hormones, but i don;t think livial has much oestrogen in it, so maybe not the right mix of each
Thank you,

I tried Livial but my night sweats and aching joints returned so I assumed the oestrogen wasn't the right balance for me.  I have seen on here that a member topped her livial up with oestrogen patch or gel.  I didn't think of that when I was on it ! X

jaycee

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2019, 08:40:10 AM »

Well, went to the Drs again last night, she said try going off the livial for a while, i mentioned, and took with me a printout of how low oestrogen can cause hair loss, she just said well there are side effects, so no help there, she did say my scalp looked slightly inflamed,which i mentioned in an earlier post, my daughter said my scalp was pink
On  a lighter note, i had some new eye drops dor pressure prescribed and in the side effects it said" Eyelashes may grow, dont let any go on skin as hair may grow"  maybe i should use it on my head ,[grin]

jaycee

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 09:05:17 PM »

Yes she just said stop the Livial, i did say what about a patch, she said they have side effects,as of course i know, so a waste of time really. i had already stopped taking them as i panicked a bit thinking it was those causing my hair loss, but i have had stiffness in my knees and back since,but could be just coincidence,
My own GP is back after having an operation i was told, so will try to see him now

*Stella*
RE; the eye drops,it is well known that eye drops for pressure can cause hair growth, so i wonder why they dont use the same stuff for hair loss
,  My previous eye drops said may cause double lash growth but they didn;t,
A lady i spoke to at the eye clinic a few months ago was telling me her eyelashes grew so long she had to trim them
Made by Allergan, who make Botox and fillers,they are called Ganfort and the main ingredient is Benzalkonium Chloride, and ,and may also change your eye colour and eyelashes
A bit confusing then about testosterone, low or high can cause hair loss ::)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 09:08:23 PM by jaycee »

jaycee

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2019, 12:46:56 PM »

*Stellajane* it all depends on my Dr i guess, but the main thing i have been told is to check on my iron and ferritin, when i saw the Dr on monday she said the guides and tests  for ferritin levels had changed, but i dont believe they have think if so  i would have been told by my Consultant
Anyway i will try to see my own Dr
Talking about Alopecia just now on TV

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2019, 08:03:18 AM »

Hair and the menopause:

Check out more from leading hairdresser Nelson Brown on Facebook Live and Dr Heather Currie. It's a real insight into yet another route to support women and ensure a greater understanding of what to look out for..

jaycee

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2019, 06:42:25 PM »

Thanks CLKD do i just put his name in the search bar or hair loss or menopause etc?

jaycee

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2019, 02:10:15 PM »

Still trying to find a reason for my hair loss, and clutching at straws, but discovered that eye drops for Glaucoma or to halt pressure behind the eyes can also cause hair loss
Everything that could cause hairloss seems to have happened all around the same time, so really thinking of ,eye drops now, HRT vagifem, stress,
I know my second lot of hair loss was definitely after the Evoral Conti, but stopped that ages ago, and hair is still falling out,
I wondered if anyone else has had hair loss on eye drops, but never connected it,i didn't until i was told by someone else it happened to them

Tracey E

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2019, 06:32:43 PM »

Still trying to find a reason for my hair loss, and clutching at straws, but discovered that eye drops for Glaucoma or to halt pressure behind the eyes can also cause hair loss
Everything that could cause hairloss seems to have happened all around the same time, so really thinking of ,eye drops now, HRT vagifem, stress,
I know my second lot of hair loss was definitely after the Evoral Conti, but stopped that ages ago, and hair is still falling out,
I wondered if anyone else has had hair loss on eye drops, but never connected it,i didn't until i was told by someone else it happened to them

Hi Jaycee, my hairloss began when I started HRT. I discussed this yesterday with my doctor and she agreed having tried various types of progesterone that the commin denominator was in fact the Estrodrial. Since stopping HRT my hair has stopped shedding. As you know I had other side effects too. I know very little about eye drops tbh but I hope you find a solution to your issue as I know It can be very worrying..x

Sammiejane

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2019, 01:51:43 PM »

hi birdy

i think i've spoke to u before about my hairloss but here goes again

i had everything removed including ovaries never had hairloss due to low estrogen high testosterone or whatever my lack of hormones were doing infact the opposite my hair was thicker and grew faster since starting estrogen only hrt i've been loosing hair and the hairs lost are telegenic hairs according to dermatology but i have also receded behind my ears nearly bold nape of neck and my scalp hair and crown are all thinner . my thyroid is normal range with TSH being 0.53 last time and all other bloods normal so i'm wondering if in my case or many others whether the estradiol in hrt caused hairloss as some women when pregnant loose there hair due to surge in hormones but then when i had my hormones levels tested in june my estrogen was low 104 and testosterone low 0.6 but it continues to thin hair in the brush down plug hole in my floor etc x i have regrowth but not sure the hair i've lost is regrowing since being on estrogen do u think imbalance hormones ? but if due to low estrogen low testosterone and zero progesterone why wasn't it thinning before i started hrt and after my op! i guess the only way i'll know if it's the medication (hrt) is to stop it ?

jaycee

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2019, 03:54:44 PM »

I was talking to someone on another forum, who said it seemed to be a fluctuation in hormones that caused her hair loss, as she moved from one type of HRT to another, she said since she has been settled on the last one her hair has recovered back to it's original state
I have to see my dermatologist on  the 5th of November, so will see what he has to say, all new blood tests came back normal
My daughter thinks I have some black hairs coming through, she took a photo of my bald patches, and the hair near them does look to be growing dark hair, but as far as I could see, only the hair that is already there looks to have dark roots ,doesn't look like new hair to me
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5