Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Livial (Tibolone) 5 mg  (Read 1478 times)

jools1993

Livial (Tibolone) 5 mg
« on: May 01, 2019, 05:17:04 PM »

Hi I have been taking Livial 2.5 mg for 2 weeks.  My doctor said I should see effects by now.  I am feeling no better and hot flushes are just as bad.  Has anyone been on an increased dose of 5mg.  Should I wait longer or ask my doctor for another alternative treatment.
Thanks

Dotty

Re: Livial (Tibolone) 5 mg
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 05:33:35 PM »

Hi hrt can take 3 months to work. You may start seeing some improvements after 4-6 weeks but you need to give it 3 months x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 06:27:19 PM »

Jools as Dotty has said you have to give Tibolone 3 months before you know whether it has worked or not. 2 weeks is not enough time for Tibolone to start working.

CherryC

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 07:53:10 AM »

Hi, I was on Livial (Tibolone) a couple of years ago for about a year. I would say it took about a month to start seeing some benefits and more so by three months.  There were some negative mood effects during that first month, but this changed after that to be more positive, increased motivation, energy, libido etc.  It did not help very well with night time flushes. I switched to patch for a year but I am now having a go back on Livial (Tibolone). The consultant has just suggested I try doubling the dose (5mg) to see if that helps to combat all symptoms - it has only been a few days so I can't comment yet. I would say give it up to 3 months to see whether it suits you or not. Good luck.