Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Update  (Read 2052 times)

Poppi

Update
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:59:08 PM »

:'(  Update on Menopace Pro Tan - my nails have never been worse and my hair is as dry as a dry bone BUT after 10 days' holiday in a warmer country, I am a beautiful colour  :vibe:  but then, even 2 days in sunny Scotland triggers my tan, so I think the VERY expensive supplements are pants!

I wouldn't deter anyone from giving them a try, but if I was a tester, my honest report after 3 months would be as above.

Next question - any ideas about helping 2 weak nails strengthen and grow? The other 8 are fine but we're going to a wedding in 2 weeks and would love to have all 10 looking nice.
My hair is ok after a bucket of conditioner and I'm going to the hairdresser at the weekend so it will at least be neater  :tulips2:

Poppi x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 08:03:32 PM »

Get a good trim which will help.

Which nails are weak?  I have two where I have injured the beds so the nails grow wonky  ::)

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 11:51:45 PM »

Poppi - maybe try Some Biotin from H&B or their nails and hair formula. I use a think called Perfect Formula which is a gel coat (not one you use a lamp but like a thick pink nail varnish you paint on and take off  with nail varnish remover once a week. It is like a hardner but not as drying as some I have used and believe me as a nail biter from a child I've tried all there is!  My nails are really long now and strong whereas before I used to get fungal infections and they would grow all soft and wobbly fi they grew at all.  Its taken about 3 years to get them really good but they are fine now and really long.

You do have to keep at it though to see any improvement.  Bit like meno really - a flaming long haul  ???

Poppi

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 05:01:52 PM »

Visit to the hairdresser yesterday, so happy with hair again and found some OPI treatment clear polish and will follow their weekly programme to see if that helps. I play the piano so have never had long nails, although it has been possible in holiday times when I have had beautiful long nails (until the blasted menopause hit). The 2 offending nails are my left ring finger nail and my thumb nail. My thumb had a fungal infection exactly a year ago, so I know what causes that problem but my ring finger split at my brother's wedding 25 years ago and I have no idea why. Anyway, in the great scheme of things it's nothing. Off to get some Biotin, thanks Ladybt  :thankyou:
                Poppi x