Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on evorel conti were is hurdity?  (Read 1717 times)

Hvenab

Bleeding on evorel conti were is hurdity?
« on: May 01, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »

Hi ladies i started half patch evorel conti about three weeks ago. I have a bleed. Anxious forgetful day eve then this am acid production high and feeling my head misses steps. Not connected then ableand started. Should I continue with patch? Perhaps go back to sequi?  My periods were not regular in last year. Any tips? Experience? X

Katejo

Re: Bleeding on evorel conti were is hurdity?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »

Hi ladies i started half patch evorel conti about three weeks ago. I have a bleed. Anxious forgetful day eve then this am acid production high and feeling my head misses steps. Not connected then ableand started. Should I continue with patch? Perhaps go back to sequi?  My periods were not regular in last year. Any tips? Experience? X
I started the same half patches nearly 3 weeks ago. I haven't had any bleeding yet but the consultant made a point of telling me that light bleeding would be perfectly normal and not to worry. I wonder whether you should be on Conti though if you have had periods in the last year? I am 5 years post meno. Are you over about 54?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 04:23:11 PM »

Bleeding/breakthrough bleeding for up to the first six months on any conti HRT is normal. It should be mentioned in the information leaflet. It should eventually settle down but if not you can use sequi HRT instead which should give you a more predictable bleed.

I agree with Katejo that unless you are over 54 or have gone at least a year with no periods then you should be on a sequi HRT. Were you on sequi?

Taz x

Hvenab

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 05:01:04 PM »

Hi ladies, thank you for your feedback. I'm 49 and had months with out a period. In fact some bleeds were not a period just an odd day or two of a bleed. . My gp was aware bit I had test and it came back menopausal so perhaps the decision was based on that? Its reassuring to know a bleed may be  okay a d will  ask the gp about sequi. Xxx hope u r all making progress

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »

Maybe put the product name into the search box here and see what pops up?

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 05:06:16 PM »

Hi if you weren't 12 months period free it's likely that you are not ready for a Conti regime. You would need to give it up to 6 months to see if your body can settle on a Conti regime x

Karen max

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »

Hi
I had bleeding on everol conti patches on and of while I was using them and I'm 5 yrs post menopause.
Sometimes if it's not a full year from your last period you will get a bleed as ovaries still store eggs for a while ..
I bred up changing patches and have had no problens with bleeding  thankfully

Kaz x