Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Increasing Patch Dose  (Read 912 times)

Holsy

Increasing Patch Dose
« on: April 23, 2019, 04:10:27 PM »

Hi

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the forum and for replying to previous posts.

Due to still having symptoms yesterday I thought I would increase my Evorel patch from 25mg to 25mg plus a 1/3 of the other half of the patch, so not a massive increase. However, I have had more hot flushes than normal and I feel irritable with a bit of what I would describe as period pain, even though I have the mirena coil, so I don't have periods. I know it's only been two days on the increase.......

Is this normal? Or is this too much oestrogen? Due to having the coil I don't know if I'm peri or menopausal, so I could still be producing my own oestrogen. I did try going straight to 50mg for 2 weeks after about 4 weeks on 25mg but my symptoms were much worse, so I dropped back to 25mg. But my skin has been really dry & spotty, still having hot flushes, anxiety is bad and sleep is not good. So I thought perhaps I needed a higher dose, but not so sure now. I'm tempted to take the extra little bit of patch off again now.

Has anyone else experienced the same? I have been on the patches for 9 weeks now. Thanks everyone xxx

Salad

Re: Increasing Patch Dose
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »

It's a nightmare trying to get the balance right isn't it  ::)

I used to be able to 'feel' the effects of too much or too little Oestrogen really quickly eg the gel or patch effects wearing off, so two days could be enough for you to feel the effects of the slight increase, but often you need longer for the dose to settle and be consistent.
I've had a hysterectomy so not able to comment about HRT effects on your uterus, maybe someone else can help.

My main high Oestrogen symptom was breast tenderness, which I used to guide me when I adjusted my dose.

Is your GP going to do a review with you as you are fairly new to HRT?

Holsy

Re: Increasing Patch Dose
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:37 AM »

It is a nightmare Salad, I don't know how we're meant to get the levels right, especially when you feel so dreadful all of the time. How did you manage to balance yours? Was it just trial and error?

I have taken the extra patch off and I'm tempted to come off them altogether. It's really getting me down now. I thought they were working at the beginning and then it has all gone downhill again so quickly. I don't remember feeling this bad before the patches....

The GP told me that I wouldn't feel worse on the patches but I think I do. I'm seeing a different GP today to get her opinion as I'm so twitchy.....I've been taking lots of vitamin supplements too so I'm wondering if they have upset my stomach as well. So I've stopped taking them today. I feel so nauseous too. 

I do have another review with the GP but not until June.