Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice Needed  (Read 1524 times)

Chrissyp

Advice Needed
« on: April 11, 2019, 04:39:12 PM »

I am 47 & have been on evorel 50 & Mirena coil for about 9 months, my main symptoms were night sweats & awful anxiety, I was also given Anti depressants, but they didn't work, things settled, until recently I've had awful anxiety again to the point of not wanting to go to work. I've pushed through though. I meditate, do yoga & don't drink or smoke.  I also had my bloods done & my estrogen came back off the scale high, whilst despite being on Mirena, my progesterone is very low. I asked the G.p suggested discontinuing my evorel 50, as I'm Estrogen dominant, but some say this doesn't exist, I'm confused & just want to feel better, I don't know what to do for the best. My estrogen is 3966 pmol/L

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 04:47:13 PM »

:bighug: can't help other than suggest that you put the product name into the search box here and see what pops up.  Make notes  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 04:34:53 PM »

Can't help with levels I'm afraid. Just to say that my main symptoms were anxiety and insomnia and I've had them when the oestrogen dose was both too low and too high. If hot flushes haven't returned perhaps it would indicate oestrogen is too high (I don't know, I'm guessing) in which case perhaps use half a patch and see if there's any change. For me it was a case of try it see but my levels weren't tested.

Holsy

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:14:38 AM »

Hi Chrissy

Sorry to hear how you're feeling.  :-* I too have felt the same....

I have the mirena coil & have just had it replaced again after 10 years....I started on evorel 25 patches (50 cut in half) and thought that they weren't working so went to 50 but my oestrogen levels went high - nowhere near as high as yours..but I did notice that I was more irritable, anxious & jittery on the higher dose. So I lasted for 2 weeks on 50 and went straight back to 25, where I feel better.

As for the coil, has it been checked that it has been fitted properly. You can have an ultrasound or internal scan to check that it is in the correct place. Do you know what your progesterone level was before the coil? Maybe it is working & your levels were just very, very low before hand.

Have you had your B12 levels checked via a blood test as being low in that can make you feel anxious & tired too. Good luck & take care.... xx

Chrissyp

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 05:34:09 PM »

Thank you so much, for your reply, my progesterone was also really low, so might get mirena checked out, also haven't had vit B test, but take supplements, haven't had hrt for a week now, but still having anxiety & jittery most days, don't know how long it takes for hrt to leave system

Holsy

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 11:45:49 AM »

Hi Chrissy

How are you feeling now? A lack of vitamin D can play havoc with you too.

Are you struggling to sleep through the night? I have just been told by a doctor to try melatonin to try to regulate my sleep pattern again, but until that arrives as you can't get it in this country. You can get on prescription if you're over 55. In the meantime, I have also been told to try benylin dry cough night time, which apparently knocks you out for the night. As I find the lack of sleep creates a lot of my anxiety.....

I hope the hrt has left your system now and that you're starting to find other ways of dealing with the menopause.

Big hugs xx