Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Anxiety overliad  (Read 10440 times)

kp64

Re: Anxiety overliad
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »

Hi Birdy,

She said I can have 1 tube but I'm only to use it twice a week.  She was quite adamant about that. Very helpful👎🏻

kp64

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2019, 04:12:22 PM »

No Estriol cream is what she gave me.
Will be changing surgery hopefully find a nice understanding doctor if there are any.

Tc

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »

KP64. Do not put up with this. I had similar issues.with a gynae who prescribed me once a week with no loading dose. I contacted the British menopause society and a nurse emailed me to say the 2 week loading dose is the correct way to use the product. . The leaflet tells you the same thing. The NICE guidelines too.
Some docs have a "lowest effective dose" mantra around HRT but the key word is effective. If the manufacturers say this is the correct and most effective way to use a product who is a gp  to argue. In effect they are prescribing it wrongly.
I did the same as you. I felt there was no point starting it if I didnt have enough to do the loading dose so i saw a different doc who prescribed me the correct dose. But it caused a delay meanwhile you are suffering symptoms. Do you have a prescribing nurse at your surgery?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:20:17 PM by Tc »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]