Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Anxiety overliad  (Read 10632 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety overliad
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »

Silly Meno-brain here had forgotten about the scan  :-\ - sorry.   :kick:

Could you ring the dept to see if you can have a cancellation appt., did I say already  :-\.  Anxiety always plays a part in my appt. in case a panic attack stops me going  :(

kp64

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »

I know what you mean about the brain. Don't know what I'm going to be like on the day, the last scan I had when I arrived they said they had no appointment for me, really helpful, I did get it done but the lady that did it wasn't very pleasant and started talking about biopsies, this bloody anxiety is crippling just can't calm down, don't want any food. Don't think there is much chance of a cancellation you have to wait 3 weeks for a docs appointment, I just said I needed to see the doc as an emergency
it was her who mentioned the dryness after I told her I had the bleed. I don't think she would have given me the Estirol if she didn't think I needed it, she did look. Sorry I'm going off on one again, I do appreciate you talking to me, my closest friend died last year and I'm feeling a bit lost. Thanks again

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 04:58:35 PM »

Sharing helps.  Getting it onto paper clears the head!

I can't eat when anxiety hits.  I have to eat B4 my body requires energy  ::): dried fruits/nuts, pancakes, thin 'gruel' - I don't mean gruel, ah, Redybrek  ::) .......... bananas.

kp64

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 05:01:42 PM »

Sometimes I go to long and end up with a belly of trapped wind. Oh the joys! It is good to talk x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2019, 06:58:58 PM »

Grazing helps me enormously.  Don't wait too long B4 eating breakfast and graze so that the body doesn't get full of wind.

kp64

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 07:45:00 PM »

Thank you birdy,
It was the bleeding that worried me that was the reason for the visit to the docs.
Now I've thought about it, the blood was in the wee so could this be due to the VA also because I'm weeing an awful lot.
Thanks x

Tc

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2019, 08:28:10 PM »

KP. Birdy has just said what I wouldve said about VA 
I just would like to add that  waiting on scans can ramp up anxiety. Myself and lots of ladies on here have been there. Im not saying for a minute that your worry and anxiety isnt real .but in the event it turns out to be not the worst,which you are thinking, and the odds are it will not be the worst, then you  work yourself into a right old stew while waiting 

it's hard to gain perspective but it helps if you can. Your doc didnt make an urgent referral and if they suspect cancer they have to. Even then,  from personal experience I have 3 times in my life had an urgent 2 week referral with "suspected cancer" on my notes and  it turned out not to be
They wouldn't be doing their job if they didnt err on the side of caution..
Try to think of it as a step on the route to resolve and treat your symptoms.
Much love to you xxx

kp64

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2019, 09:22:37 PM »

Thank you so much for your reassurance. Yes I'm burning as I'm sitting, just inside. As I said it was the bleeding that really frightened me. I assumed that I was having a bleed, but thinking now it was in the wee and very light & watery on the paper if you get what I mean. It doesn't continually bleed
Thank you all I'm feeling much calmer now. I will let you know when my appointment comes through. Love to you too. Thanks for taking the time to reply xx

kp64

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2019, 08:59:25 AM »

Thank you so much. Hope you don't mind me asking but do you get a water like discharge with this as well. Seems strange when everything is dry, I've noticed this for a couple of days it's not major but you can feel it there. xx

kp64

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2019, 09:41:12 AM »

Thank you I'll have a read. xx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2019, 10:30:56 AM »

Anxiety can cause people to shallow breath which may dehydrate the body so yep, VA may be affected  :-\

Would we benefit from a group  :hug:

kp64

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2019, 11:57:43 AM »

Yes I don't think the anxiety helps with the constant weeing either.  That's a great idea for a group you can count me in. Thanks again x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2019, 11:58:55 AM »

When I come down from a panic attack I wee in quantity every 10 mins.  :-\

kp64

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2019, 12:18:05 PM »

Thanks ladies all your info has been so good I never knew what a common problem this was. Thank goodness for you! X

kp64

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 10:56:49 AM »

I was just thinking, as I do too much. When I go for my scan do you think I should tell them that I've been using the Estirol cream? Thanks all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5