Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Anxiety overliad  (Read 10667 times)

kp64

Anxiety overliad
« on: April 05, 2019, 11:22:31 AM »

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I suffer from health anxiety. I'm post menopausal my last period being 4 years ago. 2 yrs ago I had a bleed and it turned out to be a polyp which was behind a fibroid so I had both removed. A couple of weeks ago I had a bleed after sex. I've had a couple of light bleeds since and my doctor gave me an internal. I'm feeling very dry inside and sore and I'm going for a wee quite a lot. The doctor has referred me for a scan within 4 weeks she said. She has given me Estoril cream and said to use it twice weekly. My sister in law has had cancer and I'm so scared as she had the bleeding as well. I don't think twice a week is enough for the cream as the leaflet inside says to use 2-3 weeks and then twice a week. Sorry to go on but I'm frantic. Has anyone had this experience.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety overliad
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 11:55:06 AM »

Yep.  GPs being cautious because they really don't know what they are on about  ::)

You could ring the Surgery and explain what the leaflet suggests ...... as it is usual to use every night for 2 weeks.

Let us know!

kp64

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 12:04:07 PM »

I was going to ring but my anxiety has taken over and I just can't. I feel sick all day and can't calm myself. Thanks for replying.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 12:10:00 PM »

R U alone?  Would a friend make the call? 

Browse round here.  ........ and breath, lots of ladies have health anxiety during peri/menopause.

Jeepers

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »

Hi kp64

Sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time at the moment, I am exactly the same.  I have found CBT and mindfulness to be helpful (I use an app called CALM, its really good although there are lots of other too).

did they find the fibroid/polyp after a scan? If it was two years ago, maybe you have developed another?  Is that possible?

Are you on any HRT at the moment?  I'm going back to the hospital following a second PMB.  First time scan showed nothing untoward, so put it down to hormones.  It is scary though,

Take care and post more if it helps

Jeepers xx

Tc

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 12:56:22 PM »

Kp64. It is natural to worry but try to think of the scan as a precaution.  Being very sore and dry inside can cause bleeding after sex as the tissues thin post meno. I would concur about the estriol. It is usually a 2 week loading dose. Maybe as CLKD says someone could call for you just to clarify.

Have you checked  out the anxiety thread  in private lives. Lots of support on there if you feel able.
Best wishes to you xx

kp64

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 04:03:13 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I have never been on any HRT just this recent cream which I got last week. I know the scan is just a precaution but can you still get the bleeding without the sex?  I'm just getting myself totally wound up at the moment, won't know until I have the scan. Thank you all

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 04:04:28 PM »

Yep.  there maybe some tearing due to dryness.  blood in the urine is 'normal' sometimes.  Dryness is awful!  What's the worst it could be though?

kp64

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 04:15:07 PM »

Thank you. Yes I did think it could be a tear. My mind runs away with me thinking all sorts of bad outcomes. Thanks for your reassurance glad I find you all in here I'll keep you posted. Thanks again

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 04:20:52 PM »

Have you had a peep down there with a mirror  ;)

kp64

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 05:21:10 PM »

No I haven't done that - maybe I'll take a look.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »

Don't be surprised ;-). 

kp64

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 09:43:46 AM »

CKLD I had a look and it looks slightly red in there. I'm not having a good day I've absolutely convinced myself I've got something horrible going on. I so need this sorted before I drive myself mad. I just want to cry. Sorry to be so negative but I just don't know what to think.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »

You do have something horrible but not necessarily fatal - atrophy and associated soreness around the vaginal area can drag us down! but appropriate treatment will help. 

Pain relief will ease any bladder irritation.  What's your next step?

kp64

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 02:43:17 PM »

I'm waiting for my appointment for the scan, the doctor said it would be within 4 weeks, it's nearly 2 weeks since I saw her so hoping it won't be much longer. I assume that the scan would show up VA
Just need this sorted. Thanks x

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5