Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Emitophobia  (Read 36254 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Emitophobia
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 03:44:16 PM »

Now I've got heartburn which is how the medication in my gut began to come back up on Thursday  ....... so I've drunk an Actimel to be ready for my evening meal.  I do hope that I don't get panic feelings every time I get heartburn now .......

You see I don't actually know how my body works once food is in my gob!   ::) even reading my very good Dorling Kindersley book on antomy doesn't tell me what I expected to see.  My stomach doesn't seem to be where it should be in the book  :o either that, or stomach upsets aren't in the stomach but are further down 'cos I feel queasy round my belly button area.  When fear settles there it's tight, queasy, can't eat, dry mouth ......... but according to my Very Good book my stomach is higher up  ::)  ???

Heartburn however is a whole different place  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »

Which antibiotic are you on CLKD?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 03:48:22 PM »

Eyrithromycin 4 times a day but can only fit in 3 at the most.  Otherwise hearburn  >:( as well as the other meds I have to take to keep me stable. 

viv

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 06:27:55 PM »

Antibiotics can make you sick. Can you not just take paracetamol rather than nurofen. Bump up the paracetamol to three rather than just two. They are easier on the tummy.

Its the pills that are making you sick. I think a lot of us would be the same.

Can you phone NHS direct for some advice.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 06:34:28 PM »

I phoned NHS Direct late on thursday night.  I found the paracetamol upset my stomach as do the ABs.  Nurofen has never been a problem for me.

Off to take some rennies  ::) - I could only eat half my meal earlier because of the burning in the gullet and upper stomach.

viv

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 06:39:19 PM »

Maybe a change of ABs then. What were you on before because I think you got on ok with them. I know you should not stop and start courses, but I would be inclined to stop until I could get something different.

Honeyb
x

Jelly Baby

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »

CLKD - Erythromycin is notorious for causing vomiting. I really think you should ask for a change of AB if possible. I have the same phobia as you, it's horrible. My OH went out with a friend last week and had too much to drink before stumbling over to my place. I wouldn't let him in because I knew he would probably be sick! (I did give him a lift home though, not that mean...)

So I know how you feel. Best wishes for a speedy recovery  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »

Lift home  >:( he would have walked!  :foryou:

coffee mate

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 08:13:05 AM »

Lift home  >:( he would have walked!  :foryou:
I'd have put him in a taxi.
How you feeling today CLKD?

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »

Erythromycin is really bad for stomach problems CLKD. What I found was I had heartburn after taking them for the first three days and then after I began vomiting as it built up in my system. I had to have an anti-emetic injection to stop it and was told that I really should have stopped taking them as soon as the heartburn was a problem.  Also make sure that you don't take any indigestion remedy within two hours either side of the antibiotic - it is not advisable as it affects the way it works.  http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Erythromycin.htm

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 11:44:41 AM »

I've stopped the ABs and the Nurofen seems to be controlling the stabbing sensations. 

Taxi!  Wouldn't wish *that* on any Taxi driver  ;)    - nope, he would have walked and sobered up by the time he reached home  >:( in fact I've been dreaming about car sickness, not me but passengers!  We rarely have passengers in our car because of the risk that they might turn  :sick02: ......... and there are always plastic bags or buckets close to hand, in case.

harem77

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »

CLKD,
Thinking of you :hug: Hope you will soon feel better.xx

Annika

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »

Just came across your post and how sad for you CLKD and what a constant uphill battle you must fight everyday. I say this gently because some take offense but have you had any professional help what so ever?? My sister has suffered from eating problems all of her life along with some other problems, the worst being she developed MS at 28 years. She found a wonderful woman who she sees regularly to help out when things become to much and she becomes very self destructive. Anyway big hugs to you and I pray you will find peace sooner rather than later. Annika xxx

ariadne

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »

Erythromycin makes me sick too

Hope you soon feel better and can get some different ABs.  :hug:

ariadne xx

karenw

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 09:50:17 PM »

Sorry to read you're still not feeling 100%.

Unfortunately, Erythromycin is one of the antibiotics most likely to cause a tummy upset - at either or both ends.  The other one to avoid at all costs is metronidazole: I don't think I know anyone who's had that and not been sick.

The one and only antibiotic group I will take are the cephalosporins including Cefaclor and Cephalexin.  They#re not generally prescribed for 'mild' infections but if I need an AB then I sit tight and refuse them all apart from these.  It frustrates my GP but it's a case of that or I'd prefer to live with whatever infection I have.

I hope you'll be feeling much better very quickly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8