Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Migraine  (Read 2179 times)

marshytiger

Migraine
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:57:13 PM »

Does anyone have more migraines since starting the menopause, I used to get 1 a month but now I'm getting 2 or 3 a month doctor has given me Zomig, which work well but I'm concerned about long term effect, can anyone tell me if you do get them and if they do stop or get worse as doctor is no help at all.

Tinkerbell

Re: Migraine
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 12:17:08 AM »

I have been fortunate to only ever :( have one migraine attack but when I entered peri I got far more headaches. I found that once I went on systemic HRT they improved, although I did have a six day one last week.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 08:33:34 AM »

Yep - the menopause certainly does increased headaches for many women.  I loose around 10-12 days each month from bad headaches and I can't take painkillers because of digestive issues so just have to put up with them.  The headaches were far better when on HRT but I got more and more intolerant to progesterone so had to abandon it.

marshytiger - I really sympathise. DG x

Rosie77

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 02:38:05 PM »

Hi marshytiger,  I do...I am in early meno.  Diagnosed with vestibular migraine which makes me dizzy and off balanced everyday.  Along with upwards of 10 attacks per month.  My neuro decided to put me on a preventative...I am on nortripyline since Jan, which is used off label for migraine prevention. Not yet at my target dose.  Also, just started HRT patch and progesterone pill 3 weeks ago. I have had 1 bad migraine attack in the 3 weeks...still dizzy though and my neck is painful which gives me other head oain. Don't  know if this is a fluke ;)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 02:51:47 PM »

Hi Marshytiger
I'm just getting over the worst migraine I've had for a while, came on yesterday afternoon,
had to abandon everything and go to bed early, I only take co-dyramol, which are stronger than paracetamol, but yesterday they did absolutely nothing, I managed to sleep, on and off, and this morning it's gone, just the exhaustion left, feel like I've been 12 rounds with Mike Tyson, lol, but I'm getting there.
I only posted the other day about how I don't get them so often anymore, spoke too soon I think, lol, but really, since hrt, I don't seem to get them often, I do suffer ‘normal' headaches quite often though. But I think that's a side effect of the hrt....xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 07:34:22 PM »

Keep hydrated too to lessen headaches ....... I am SO pleased that migraines have never featured in my health issues.  If my head begins to ache I take mediation immediately otherwise I feel queasy fast.

:bighug:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »

:thankyou: 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 07:40:51 PM »

I believe that there are injections on offer to try to ease migraine symptoms  :-\ ?  Hopefully medications will improve too!