Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti  (Read 1746 times)

Claire Taylor

• First Flush
Evorel Conti
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:49:58 AM »

Hi.  I'm new to this so hope I'm doing this in the right place!
I'm 49 and had my last period on my 46th birthday.   7 months ago I went on HRT.  My GP prescribed Tibolone 2.5mg.   I had been suffering with hot flushes, very disturbed sleep and awful vaginal infections and regular water infections which were crippling.  I've totally lost any libido too which has caused some marital issues. 
 I've been taking the tibolone with no real issues until Christmas time when my stomach had become really bloated and sore.  I've put half a stone on and can't shift it.  I've also become very constipated!
My GP has recently sent me for blood tests and a scan on uterus and ovaries.  All is clear and there are no issues there Thank goodness.
When I went back yesterday for my results I talked to her about trying patches as I'd read they were a safer option.  Apparently at the moment (Brexit ?) It is really difficult to get certain HRT drugs so she cane to the conclusion Evorel  Conti would be the best.
I started to read up on it all last night and now I'm wondering if I should just stick with the Tibolone.  The list of issues people have had with the patches is terrifying!  I have a very sturdy composition and don't usually suffer side effects listed with drugs. 
I'm just wondering if I start it and it affects me, can I just stop it and go back to Tibolone?
Has anyone had good experiences on the Evorel Conti?  Will I definitely start to bleed?  I have my holiday of a life time booked for my 50th in July and I dont want to be having to worry about stomach cramps and periods!
I would really appreciate some advice.  Thanks so much.

Karen max

Re: Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 01:12:34 PM »

Hi Claire

Sorry I can't offer you any advice as I'm waiting on finding the "right " hrt myself !!

I used everol conti for around 7 months , first few months I felt little bit better but then meno symptoms started coming back so GP told me to stop using them
They never caused bleeding with me ,I'm post meno 5 yrs age 51 my main symptoms is anxiety motivation crying over silly thing and that muzzy crazy feeling in my head ..

I'm sure someone will be along who can offer you more advice than I can !!

Ps .. I've been on 3/4 different hrt pills and they all caused heavy bleeding  which lasted a few weeks at a time

Kaz x

Dancing Queen

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 07:20:52 AM »

Hi..I use evorel sequi with no problems at all...I think you generally just get to hear peoples bad experiences more than good so there are plenty of people who find it ok. Good luck !

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 08:38:56 AM »

Everol Conti patches was the first HRT I tried and it suited me.  Flushes went after the first week, other symptoms took longer.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 07:11:19 PM »

I am on evorel sequi and it's helping me. I dont seem to be worse on the conti bit either, as I know some are.

Does anyone know how long you should continue on sequi before changing to cont or a different regime. I started HRT last summer, slowly building up. I was still peri but am 57 this year, so guess I must be getting to the menopausal stage.