Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Shock today  (Read 33744 times)

Shadyglade

Re: Shock today
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »

Wow, that is good.

I have fatty liver which was discovered by a scan for something else.  It's very common, especially in women our age. Your doc will tell you what to do re diet etc

Tc

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2019, 05:30:07 PM »

Thanks shady. and sparkle.  I am so very relieved it didnt show anything g nasty  she said my doc had said liver felt swollen on exam so that might be the swelling I can see in upper belly. She said doc will discuss it further.

I had swollen liver once before in my 20s when I had glandular fever and at that time I was diagnosed with Gilbert's disease which is supposedly harmless genetic issue to do with processing bile. I always forget about it tbh. It shows up in blood tests but it's supposed to not cause symptoms.
Do you get any symptoms from fatty liver shady. I'm assuming it's not the cause of my symptoms.

she said my doc will arrange  endoscopy after I see her and  I've already got colonoscopy for the 9th so hopefully between the two we will get to the bottom of  it..no pun intended!
I've got doc appt next week.
Sparkle you must've gone through a very worrying time over your gallbladder.thank goodness it was benign.
I will ask for the blood tests. To see if the long term omprazole is causing deficiency.

Thank you ladies so much for your support.i dont know what I'd do without you all. Xxxxxx
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 05:32:59 PM by Tc »

Tc

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2019, 06:06:42 PM »

Thanks sparkle.
That must've been awful. Especially as losing weight is such a red flag to doctors. You must've thought the worst. So glad it's in the past. You are such a kind thoughtful lady.
I will check out SIBO. It sounds interesting thanks.

Xx

AgathaC

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2019, 06:54:06 PM »

Tc, very pleased to hear from you. My perimenopause journey started with digestive biscuits.  For about a year I had a terrible vicious circle with anxiety, belching, stomach pain, diarrhoea, constipation, ear neck throat pain - You name it, all related to digestive problems.  I had an endoscopy which looked down my oesophagus and everything was fine but GERD was diagnosed -  basically acid reflux.  I had no idea how many problems it could cause.  I was put on omeprazole and told to stay on it long term.  Did not agree with me, mainly due to the headaches that it gave me.  My lifesaver was Dr Kaufmann's acid reflux diet.  I stumbled across it on Amazon and I stuck to it religiously for three months, after which all my symptoms had gone.  Laziness and gluttony made me come off it but a recent very bad bout of acid reflux is making me go back on it. Tc,  I can't recommend it enough as a lifestyle change.  You don't have to buy the book, you can get the diet online.  You have to cut out triggers for reflux but it's not an impossible diet by any means.  It's just sensible stuff which we should probably all do  but it focuses on particular reflux foods such as onions fizzy drinks etc xxxxxx

jaypo

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2019, 06:58:34 PM »

Oh goodness I'm so sorry to laugh but read the start of your post Agatha 😆🤣

Tc

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »

Digestive biscuits. :)
Agata. Thanks that sounds realy good. I will Google it.
I've found it hard to come off omprazole i dont know if it's just symptoms returning or rebound effect.
Great tip. Thank you.xx

AgathaC

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2019, 07:52:27 PM »

FFS - Digestive issues!!!
Not digestive biscuits!!!!

Although, to be honest, the biscuits probably did cause the issues xx

jaypo

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2019, 07:57:12 PM »

😆😂 glad I'm to the only one who does that

Tc

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »

I've had a quick look at the basics of the acid reflux diet. It seems very do-able. Low ph. I notice tomatoes are out and I've had to stop eating tomatoes as they upset my bladder something awful. Same with fruit juice, including cranberry. If it works for acid reflux and might help bladder too then it's definitely worth a try. Xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2019, 08:09:46 PM »

Step away from the digestive biscuit TC..... :rofl:

That made me laff....😂

Hope your ok tonight TC....

Xxx

JaneinPen

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2019, 08:12:21 PM »

Very pleased with your news, All sounds very promising Tc

Tc

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2019, 08:19:28 PM »

Thanks so much herdwick. If only scans and results were always that quick.

Ladies Speaking of bladder. I have my womens physio appointment tommorow. I wasnt going to go with everything going n in the last few days but I ve been waiting months for it so I think I will now. It could be interesting. I will post separate and let you all know what it was like. I know some ladies on here have had it.
Xx
I'm off to make a cuppa. Digestive biscuit anyone?

AgathaC

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2019, 08:23:01 PM »

Yes, digestive biscuit for me please, definitely  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2019, 08:26:04 PM »

Yes, digestive biscuit for me please, definitely  ::)

😆😂🤣

Tc

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2019, 08:40:47 PM »

Jilly. I'm feeling relieved thank you. Xxx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12