Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Shock today  (Read 33503 times)

Shadyglade

Re: Shock today
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 06:03:26 PM »

Could it be a Hernia Tc.  I know they sometime cause breathlessness. 

Also any chance you could opt for a private scan.  Expensive but immediate.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 06:44:25 PM »

Hi TC...
I was thinking an hernia too..??
I'm so sorry to hear your bad news, BUT, at least now it's going to be checked out,
hopefully, it's nothing to worry about, keep posting TC.....

😘    :bighug:

Tc

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »

Shady. I suppose it could be. .   I will check that I'm "in the system" so to speak in a couple of days and ask about waiting times. I wont wait for the 2 weeks to pass.
X

Tc

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 06:59:46 PM »

Thanks jillydoll.
My wife had a tummy hernia after surgery years ago. It was in upper part but when she coughed it sort of popped out. That doesn't happen with me. But I guess it could still be a hernia. I had that horrible cough for 2 weeks earlier this month so maybe I've strained something.
Thanks for the hugx

Tc

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 07:55:02 PM »

Thanks birdy. .
When I lay on side and sitting down.its  Like its pressing up into my ribs. And It's hard.
When I lay on my back it doesnt move. When I look down from standing or laying on my back it just looks weird. I guess deep down I thought it didnt look right for a few weeks but it's got more and more uncomfortable.
X

jaypo

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 08:45:51 PM »

No point telling you not to worry too much is there tc,realistically it probably is nothing to worry about,dr's tend to forget and use all the scary words,can you get another appointment?as at the time you tend not to ask any of the questions to reassure yourself,even a phone consultation.
Will be thinking about you,all the luck in the world tc

AgathaC

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 09:13:01 PM »

My health anxiety book has a little mantra which I keep going back to.
It boils down to three things.
We always overestimate the likelihood that we have something wrong.
We always overestimate the seriousness of that something wrong.
We always underestimate the ability of ourselves and the medical profession to tackle and resolve any problem.
Yes, you have had a sore area and, yes, the doctor has said it doesn't feel right and needs looking at BUT it doesn't mean the worst case scenario.
My Dad has been very ill in hospital recently. At one stage, we thought he wouldn't come out. I worried myself sick and cried all night but my husband calmly stuck to the “until we are told otherwise, it's okay” approach. He was right not to panic and I wish I could have stayed calm like him. My dad is now home recovering.
I am the worst person for HA but most of us know that it's important and necessary to be calm and not worry, even if we can't practise what we preach!!
I wonder if a return visit to the GP might help? Tell her she has terrified you, ask some more questions. If nothing else, they might be able to get you up the scan list?
Until then, please don't torment yourself. Message anytime xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccc

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2019, 11:19:05 PM »

Dearest Tc. What a shock. But I want you to take a few minutes to be proud of yourself for raising it with the Dr today. You could have very easily swept it under the carpet, thinking ... I'll deal with that another day. But you didn't. You raised it. And now there will be action. Pat yourself on the back.
Now. You just need to put one foot in front of the other. Go through the process. Don't think too far ahead.
Catch you tomorrow. N nite. x

AgathaC

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 06:16:06 AM »

I know very little about hernias so I've just read the section on the NHS website this morning. I'm not a doctor but it does sound like what you are describing Tc.
Hope you got some sleep and can face the day as calmly as you can.
Xxxxxxx

Tc

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 08:43:41 AM »

Thanks jaypo, pants, agata.xx

Tc

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 02:13:54 PM »

Hiya ladies. I  got a call this morning  to have my scan later this afternoon. It  was a cancellation.
So at least that's nice and quick 
X

Shadyglade

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 02:15:31 PM »

:great:

That's really good news. 

Best of Luck Tc.

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »

Let us know how you get on xx

Jeepers

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2019, 03:22:44 PM »

Hi TC

Sorry to hear that you are going through this, but at least you are getting the scan done quickly.

As all of the other ladies have said, the chances are it's something that's not too serious.

Anyway, good luck for this afternoon, we are all with you in spirit.

Let us know how it goes

Hugs

Jeepers xx

AgathaC

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2019, 03:50:08 PM »

That's marvellous. No waiting. Please update us later xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12