Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Shock today  (Read 33616 times)

Tc

Shock today
« on: March 25, 2019, 10:38:57 AM »

I've just come back from the gp and I'm in shock.
I only went to get my scrip for increased dose estradot. But I mentioned to her that I think my upper tummy is swollen and feels uncomfortable. She examined Me and said it didnt feel right.
I also said is I've been feeling breathless and she said it might well be  be the "mass" pressing upwards. MASS. Why did she have to use that word.
So now I'm on the urgent scan 2 week referral hell again. 
I dont think I can tell anyone. I spent most of last year going through an ovarian cancer scare. 5 years ago I ended up in oncology for suspected cancerous lump in my neck. After it was removed it was clear. Same with my ovaries. Can t help thinking my luck might've run out this time.
I'm in shock.

JaneinPen

Re: Shock today
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 11:32:02 AM »

Oh Tc. Not what you were expecting your day to turn out like. I really do wish they would choose their words more carefully. Would have been better to say “It's probably nothing to worry about but it won't hurt to check it out”. Try to be positive. All the other times you have been clear. We are all here to keep you company whilst you wait for your appointment. Keep us updated on when it will be xx

Tc

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 11:42:03 AM »

Thank you for your support herdwick.x

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »

Tc, breath.
I'll respond properly later ...
But keep calm. Rest. Eat well.
Watch a happy film. Cuddle the cat.
xx

Tc

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 12:04:46 PM »

TY pants. X

Two hoots

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 12:21:03 PM »

It's a good thing you mentioned it, even though you didn't expect that reply  :-\

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »

Thinking of you Tc.

Try not to worry ( which is probably a very silly thing for me to say ) . Xx

Tc

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 12:37:58 PM »

Yes too hoots. I've had so many health probs lately I thought. maybe it was a side effect of meds or meno or my operation. When your body goes through so many changes in a short space of time it's hard to separate symptoms.
At least Its going to be sorted now.
Thank youx

Tc

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 12:38:22 PM »

Thanks dottyx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 01:08:33 PM »

No wonder you are shocked.  Did your GP expand on what she thought it might be and which Dept have you been referred to? 

Tc

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 03:56:27 PM »

Clkd. I was so shocked I only said "it's not just fat then?  She said it could be your liver or your stomach. I've got colonoscopy in April and she still wants me to get that but she said this is higher up.which is where the swelling is.
She has sent me for urgent scan at moment hasnt referred anywhere as depending what it is it will be different departments.

Of course my minds working overtime now. ???

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 04:37:08 PM »

Of course it is.  You've been through a lot in the last few years with your wife being ill, no doubt your brain is whirring along those lines ........ you have us !

Can you take a cancellation for the scan, maybe ring up the Dept and see if they can call you if someone doesn't turn up? 

Tc

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »

Thank you so much Clkd.
I will call the radiology dept in a couple days and see what the score is. I just rang my sis and told her. I wasnt going to but I'm glad I did.xxx

Katejo

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 05:09:38 PM »

Oh Tc. Not what you were expecting your day to turn out like. I really do wish they would choose their words more carefully. Would have been better to say “It's probably nothing to worry about but it won't hurt to check it out”. Try to be positive. All the other times you have been clear. We are all here to keep you company whilst you wait for your appointment. Keep us updated on when it will be xx
I tend to be suspicious even when they say the "probably nothing to worry about..."    Hope it does turn out ok.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 05:13:29 PM »

I want it straight.  With lots of opportunity to ask questions etc..  My Consultant was straight forward and the Oncologist supportive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12