Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: St. John’s wort  (Read 1034 times)

Lynnhunter

St. John’s wort
« on: March 24, 2019, 12:37:00 PM »

Hi there,
Has anyone taken St. John's wort alongside kliofem 2mg for anxiety?
After 4yrs on HRT I feel my anxiety is getting worse tried to speak to GP and got anti depressants but not happy to take them. So looking for herbal alternative to help me cope.. thought I was past all of this!!

Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

jaypo

Re: St. John’s wort
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 01:48:47 PM »

Hi lynn,have you tried the remedy drops,think they're called Bach,I've always been a bit apprehensive to take St. John's wort but it helps some people.a few ladies on here including myself have tried cbd oil,quite expensive for the high strength but goes a long way.good luck 😊

Jillm

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 02:14:06 PM »

Hi lynn.
I have not tried St Johns Wort, but have been using a supplement called Pukka Womankind which was suggested by lady in Health food shop for anxiety.
I think I can now say they helped as I have not taken any for a few days and anxiety went nuts. I am going to get more. They are not cheap £16.99 for 30, but I don't care.
I do have AD prescribed by GP but not keen to try.
I do take a propanolol now and again if I have the fluttering/palpitation, but they are a lot less these days.
Could be worth a try.
Hope you feel better.
❤️

Lynnhunter

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 06:33:31 PM »

Thanks everyone for your advice.. I went to health shop and the lady advised Passion flower she said that she thinks it's a better alternative to st John wort especially for anxiety. So took my first 1 of a 30 day trial. Fingers crossed.