Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Multiple periods  (Read 716 times)

anon2021

Multiple periods
« on: March 23, 2019, 08:57:40 AM »

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could please advise me. I have been taking Oerstrogel 1 pump am and Utrogestan 1 orally pm for 24 days each month for many months now.

But I am having a period literally every two weeks! In fact my last one just finished 10 days ago!

I thought taking the Utrogestan daily was meant to practically stop periods (or at least just happen once a month)  but I'm having more?

I am 49 peri-menopausal. Do I need a womb scan? Should I be concerned?

Many thanks
M

Dotty

Re: Multiple periods
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 11:21:23 AM »

Hi if you are peri menopausal then you shouldn't be taking the Utrogestan every day . You should be taking it on a sequential basis from days 15-26 of your cycle I think.

Were you still having periods before you started on hrt? Unfortunately hrt does not stop periods . Xx

anon2021

Re: Multiple periods
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 07:45:02 PM »

Hi Birdy & Dotty,

Thank you so much for your replies. I was still having periods and they weren't entirely sure if I am even peri although I am 48. I was having the odd hot flush but it was more to do with memory fog and severe PMT. my levels were only a tiny bit low (oestrogen and testosterone). 

They offered me both options but because my periods had become almost unmanageably heavy they suggested I tried the continuous regime.

I think I'll have a break for a couple of weeks and try the sequential.

Their initial option was the Mirena coil but because I have an “incompetent cervix” damage and scarring due to cancer I cannot use a coil.

I have an appointment with my GP on Wednesday so I'll discuss with him.

Many thanks again! 😀