Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Fibroids  (Read 1210 times)

floridamad

Fibroids
« on: March 24, 2019, 06:07:43 AM »

Have had a scan and have fibroids. Dr reccomended me a coil and patches to conteract any further growth. Coil worked itself out  (2nd time this has happened) and now I am coil-less  ??? and have stopped using the patches pending my drs appointment

Any one give me any advice as to good treatment to keep fibroids under control?  Want to have some info before I go to the dr on Tuesday - make a plan of sorts - in writing - as I am likely to forget what I was going to ask about the minute I walk in the door  :D

jaypo

Re: Fibroids
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 10:25:59 AM »

Hi there, I had fibroids,quite a few,tried various things,had an endometrial ablation but nothing helped,my periods were basically clots and huge ones at that,last straw was when clots were leaving my body at any time luckily only at home but I'd had enough and had a hysterectomy with ovaries left,for me it was the best thing I ever did,it was done vaginally so the op was simple and I was up and out of hospital in 2 days.
Do you know where your fibroids are?what problems do they cause?

Maxwin

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 01:51:00 PM »

Hello, as mentioned a lot will depend on your age, what your symptoms are?  In my experience with fibroids I first tried Tranexamic acid which only helped a bit, I also had a coil fitted which (unknown to me) was expelled.  I had a hysteroscopy but my multifibroid uterus was not suitable for resection.   I had an MRI but embolization was not possible due to a fibroid being submucous.  I finally opted for a full hysterectomy this was nearly 9 years ago now there may even be some new treatments now you could try.  good luck.

helenmelon

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 09:44:47 PM »

Hi Floridamad

I had several large fibroids, biggest was 9cms and I was in pain and could feel and see it on the right side of my lower stomach.
My periods were horrible, large clots and very heavy.

I had UFE which shrunk them and are now (4yrs later) calcified
I started HRT 15 months ago and have a Mirena for the progesterone and to keep them at bay, so far I'm fine.

Look into UFE (Embolisation) best thing I've ever done, apart from 24/48 hours after which was like going through labour, saying that I'd do it again, no anaesthetic or long recovery.

Good luck 😘