Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feeling very anxious after starting evorel patches  (Read 1315 times)

Sparkler

Feeling very anxious after starting evorel patches
« on: March 20, 2019, 07:53:42 PM »

Hi all. Really hoping someone can help me. It may be that he answer is already here somewhere.

I started evorel patches as part of sequential hrt last Saturday. I am now feeling significantly MORE anxiety that previously, and have had MORE hot flashes. I can cope if it is likely to settle over time, but right now it feels like I should just stop. I am sleeping less well and have mildly wobbly legs.

Oh, and I am a senior leader in a large secondary school and not coping AT ALL. Do I stop the patches? Or is it likely to settle down?

S
X

Karen max

Re: Feeling very anxious after starting evorel patches
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:26:47 PM »

Hi sparkler
I was on everol conti as I am post menopause they helped me at first few month but then they made me feel awful , I'd all my old menopause syndrome return back plus awful headaches , went back to GP and she changed them for me but unfortunately the ones she was giving me are no longer available, infect she prescribed 2 others and both were unavailable so she told me to stop the everol conti and referred me to hrt clinic which I have appointment on 1st April so I'm hoping for a wonder pill or patch from them ; if only )

I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out !!

Kaz x

Sparkler

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:28:21 PM »

Thank you. Just feels the opposite of what I had hoped. :'(

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:58:24 PM »

Hi Sparkler what mg patches are you on? Also how long have you been on them?

Sparkler

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 09:05:26 PM »

Only since last Sat, so only a few days, 25mg. My head is telling me to wait and see if it settles, but my body is telling me to stop. I hoped someone else would have experienced somthing similar with a glorious happy ending. One where it was awful for a few days then suddenly everything was fine.

I know, I know very naive, but that's how it goes in my fantasy world.

Thank you for being there.
X

Lucy69

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 09:22:55 AM »

I'm feeling same in them as soon as I took them I felt good then each day I went down hill like I'd lost it , very down that I can't leave the house anxiety high so I took the patches off as why carry on when feel no better .

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 08:25:38 PM »

Sparkler, I started on 25mg think I had them for 3 months or maybe less can't really remember, went to 50mg stayed on those for at least 6 months before hitting the 75mg but they gave out after 3 months I went on Tibolone stopped that now on 100mg & I have a few very very mild anxiety symptoms. Not being an expert 25mg is very low, it maybe that an increase to 50mg may well help but you do have to give them around 3 months. Hope this helps a bit.

Sparkler

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 06:35:45 AM »

I think I have my answer!

I only started the evorel on Saturday, 6 days ago, but started to bleed last night, so I think I was on the build up to a period anyway. My cycle was so irregular I had no way of knowing.

A question though, does this mean I should re-set the counting for the right time to take utrogestan, so 15 days from now, or should I continue as planned and take the utrogestan in 9 days' time.

It has been a bizarre week. On Tuesday and Wednesday I felt awful, just awful, with hot flushes, palpitations, a short fuse and physical anxiety. Yesterday I felt like I could conquer the world! It's like each day is new surprise.

Hope one of you mor3 experienced ladies can advise on the utrogestan, and fingers crossed for no new surprises today. Fingers crossed.

S
X

Sparkler

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 08:57:14 AM »

And now not sure if it really will be a period, or just annoying spotting. I feel better in myself, though, more energy and less anxious over the last couple of days.

Does anyone know if the first day of a new patch delivers more estrogen? So far it's that day when I feel anxious and wobbly, but I thought the patches were designed to deliver at a constant rate?

Will delay deciding about when to start the utrogestan until I work out whether this is a period or not.