Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Who Knew  (Read 1547 times)

Alex75

• First Flush
Who Knew
« on: March 19, 2019, 01:49:11 PM »

I knew something was up  - I forgot who I was - I was on the High Street, I came out of the bank and was instantly tossed into some insane void - thankfully it was not dementia and so I welcome myself to the club.  I am on sequential hrt conti and 50 patches nearly a year.  I have not had a bleed for over 2 months - and now I am back to temp insanity (Pms x 1000), overwhelmed with emotion, anxiety and the total irrational fear that my live is freaking over - crying in public - jeez.  I am looking for a job - can't even mind the questions immediately after being asked them so not doing well on that front.  I want to know why I am no longer bleeding and why I have gone so potty again.  I also want to know why my new doc said on first meeting her - I see you are on sequential hrt and have been for a year we need to change that?  Thanks ladies your help is everything xx p.s hope I have posted in the right place as can no longer navigate a computer without the urge to bray off the counter top.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Who Knew
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 02:15:30 PM »

:welcomemm:

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use.  I always park my car in the same place in our small town but often would leave a shop and have no idea how I got to town, nor where I had left the car.  My mind would go completely blank.  Or I would be on the verge of vomiting due to PMT - after eating bananas regularly and other slow release foods, that improved, especially eating every 3 hours: even in the night  ::)

Maybe put the product name into the search box to see what threads pop up?  Make notes  ;).  You will need to see why exactly your GP thinks that you should change, if it ain't broke don't fix it?   Do read our vaginal atrophy threads ........

Alex75

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:08:53 PM »

Thank you very much for getting in touch - Oh god Vaginal atrophy - that's new - off I go to google that one!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »

Ask what won't happen during The Change  ;D  ::)

Forewarned is forearmed.  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first.  No question is taboo ;-)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 04:34:10 PM »

Hi Alex75.
Your doctor might have said that because she wants you on a Conti, instead of the sequential. So instead of having a bleed every so often, you take the Conti all the time and have no breaks in it, so you get no bleed....maybe she thinks your POST meno now, because you've had no bleeds for the last two months, ?
Good luck on the job hunt...🤞
And yes, you posted on the correct thread....👍🏻
Some other ladies may come along and post better than me, I'm in a hurry, so hang on in there, I'm sure someone will post....good luck....jd xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 05:15:12 PM »

Menopause is the last monthly period. Ever.  However; one is considered menopausal once there has been no bleed for 12 months.  If 1 gets a bleed then 1 needs to start counting, all over again  ::).  My periods waxed and waned for 2-3 years but I was busy caring for 4 sick pets so didn't really notice.  I didn't stop carrying protection for 5 years though  :D.  In case.

So 2 months ain't nowt in the over-all scheme.