Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Now feeling better on progesterone part of regime?  (Read 726 times)

ON555

Now feeling better on progesterone part of regime?
« on: March 19, 2019, 08:19:57 AM »

Hi there- I have been coming onto this forum for heaps of advice, but this is the first time I have posted.  I started having peri-menopausal sysmtoms about 4 years ago, when my son was 2- I am a single parent with him and live in France. Despite numerous visits to doctors and gyneas over here, I was point blank told that I could not be menopausal because I had not yet had 12 months period free, so had all HRT refused. I got put on a course of AD's by 1 GP, but I came off of these after 6 months because I knew that I was not depressed, just menopausal. At the end of my tether, I eventually went to a GP here and basically told her what regime to put me on.  I started on the combined HRT pill, but found I struggled during the progesterone phase, bloated and very painful breast swelling.  Since December I have been on the Estrogel/Progesterone method, taking prgoesterone for 10 days a month.  Felt great in January, but mood swings started coming back in Febraury.  This month, I have felt better during my 10 days of taking progesterone, although with tender breasts for the entire time and, having got my period yesterday, am back to the crap feeling today.  Due to re-visit the GP for a repeat prescription,, I am on 4 pumps of gel and 100mg of progesterone for the 10 days- any advice on where to go from here? Merci.

Pinkjan4288

Re: Now feeling better on progesterone part of regime?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 09:39:18 PM »

Try reducing the Oestrogel. I reduced mine from 2 pumps to 1.5 alongside Utrogestan 200mg and my breasts no longer hurt.